Oracle is seeking an experienced Product Manager to specialize in the identification, management, licensing and analysis of large scale data sources specific to business decision making. As part of the Adaptive Intelligence program, you will help push the envelope of machine learning, neural networks and decision support by helping to apply innovative data approaches to business and enterprise problems.
Your primary focus will be to manage the business and organization of a vast repository of business related data, including corporate financial, supply chain, licensing and news assets. You will work directly with Oracle customers and internal developers to understand their business data needs, and work closely with some of the largest information providers in the industry to meet their needs
Considering that this is an emerging venture within Oracle, successful candidates should be able to:
- Solve problems in robust and creative ways and demonstrate solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Work in an environment with a significant number of unknowns - both technically and functionally, inherent in such a new venture.
- Work globally in a geographically dispersed team
Technically we are seeking brilliant and diverse individuals with exposure (but not limited) to some of the following:
- Experience with data licensing and distribution for financial, healthcare, supply chain, utilities or related markets.
- Understanding of the privacy and legal constraints on the use of information throughout the information value chain.
- Experience in building information driven applications for business purposes, including products in the financial, insurance, enterprise or clinical spaces.
- Working knowledge of the most widely using information providers, such as Bloomberg, Dun & Bradstreet and other vendors.
- Application of data modeling techniques, including graph- or knowledge-graph methods, and the associated data interchange methods, such as JSON, RDF and XML standardizations.
- 5-7 years experience in product management, preferably within an information providing or management company.
This is a great opportunity to work on a new exciting venture within Oracle and within a really talented, global engineering community.Qualifications:
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.