Morgan Stanley's business around the world is supported by groups and teams with a wide variety of specialized skills. They provide information and strategic thinking to the Management Committee; help to ensure the long-term growth and efficient day-to-day functioning of our business; and serve the well-being of our shareholders, clients and employees.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professionals trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk.
E-Commerce leadership is critical to banking franchise growth. To that end, Morgan Stanley is looking for a product manager to lead the New York product management of our Credit E-trading franchise. Electronic Product Development is a function within Morgan Stanley's Fixed Income Strategists Team. The Fixed Income Strategists Group is focused on supporting the Fixed Income Division by delivering high value business-related analysis and associated technology.
The selected candidate will be responsible for understanding and implementing the Credit E-Distribution and E-Trading Strategy.
• Deep understanding of E-Distribution and E-Trading protocols in the Credit Cash and Derivative space
• Working with the desk to manage E-Trading technology initiatives by defining scope, driving technology and ensuring delivery
• Working with the relevant 3rd party strategic vendors on planning, integration and performance metrics
Knowledge of Investment Grade, High Yield and CDS Electronic Markets is critical to this role. Incumbent must be familiar with all dominant E-Trading venues, and have working knowledge of emerging market structure trends within the Credit Products.
The selected candidate will be a Vice President with approximately 5-8 years' work experience managing technology related to fixed income electronic trading.
- Work with sales, trading, strats to define new functionality and product implementation. Drive prioritization decisions
- Partner with a London counterpart to ensure to the extent possible our strategy and implementation is scalable between regions
- Develop requirement specifications in conjunction with technology and user experience teams
- Maintain ongoing dialog with established and upcoming vendors in the E space to ensure we can plan the technology roadmap with ample notice
- In conjunction with technology, provide development and cost estimates to business sponsors.
- Work with project managers to coordinate and schedule software releases.
- Work with technology and QA to ensure business requirements have been met.
- Prioritize enhancements and triage defects that are raised by the testing process and in production.
- Ensure technology support is available for global accessibility, pricing, trading, etc.
- Work traders and salespeople to ensure business readiness prior to a major release.
- Work with legal and firm risk management to ensure the product meets local jurisdictional requirements.
- Work with internal technology team and with external vendors to track Morgan Stanley's performance and revise plan based on previously defined success metrics
Other Capabilities Required
- Demonstrated product knowledge in fixed income securities, Credit specifically.
- Product management experience should include defining functional specifications in conjunction with business sponsors, coordinating technology teams to develop and deliver product, and management of product release cycles.
- The candidate must be self-directed and extremely well organized, able to set objectives and deliver to deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Strong educational background.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.