The data most valuable to an organization is not what's commonly referred to as "Big Data." What drives a business is its core operational data - the conventional, relational database data - that fuels its operational applications and has been doing so for years. Embedded analytics unlocks the full value of this data by closing the proverbial last mile of BI, providing business users with insights about business operations as they occur, and turning insights into action.
Oracle is the market leader in the Business Analytics market (IDC). Oracle Business Analytics solutions are actively used by tens of millions of users everyday - from San Francisco to Shanghai to Santiago. Join a team that is developing the next generation of BI software aimed at organizations of all sizes and industries. Embedded ERP Analytics is part of the Oracle Cloud - the most comprehensive Cloud solution for enterprises. Description:
We are looking for a (Sr.) Director of Product Management to bridge technology, customer needs, sales channels and customer success. As the Director of Product Management for Embedded ERP Analytics, you will act as a general manager for the product, focused on defining product requirements, go-to-market, and sales enablement, with a goal of driving rapid customer adoption and growth worldwide. This exciting role requires an experienced, driven individual with business acumen, strong internal and external leadership abilities, and a passion for product management. Successful candidates will possess deep domain expertise in Enterprise Resource Planning (Financials, Procurement, Revenue Management, Project Management, Risk Management etc.) and experience with BI, Reporting and Analytics solutions. The position is located at our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
- Develop product roadmap by collaborating with engineering, marketing and other stakeholders that address market and customer requirements
- Lead the complete product development lifecycle in an agile environment from developing use cases to product delivery
- Collaborate with engineering, functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure objectives are met
- Enable internal field sales and support organizations for new releases or product launches through content development and training
- Drive internal and external adoption of our technologies and products
- Help build, coordinate, and maintain relationships with key customers
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- MBA desirable
- 7 years of combined experience in product management, or product development with 4 years in product management
- Experience in ERP (Financials, Procurement, Projects etc.)
- Technical background in Analytics, BI, Machine Learning
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.