Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets. Summary
As a Global Product Manager for Accountability Solutions, you will be responsible for cradle-to-grave management of a range of hardware and software solutions focused on enhancing the safety and productivity of firefighters and industrial workers. You will work with business leaders to formulate product strategy & roadmaps, and support marketing, sales and channel enablement activities to expand our range of software and situational awareness offerings. In addition, you will partner with the software development team to deliver and execute on new product development program commitments. The Accountability product line includes a set of technologies that track personnel location, health status, equipment condition, and situational awareness or monitoring on the fireground and in other hazardous environments.
A successful candidate will have a good grasp of product management processes, and an ability to champion new software and product development programs through effective Voice of the Customer (VoC) and an Agile development process. You will also support promotions, pricing, and commercialization efforts for this range on global basis. An effective candidate in this position will have an ability to develop trust & credibility to influence cross-functional, global teams and stakeholders needed to deliver on product plans and business objectives. Job Responsibilities:
Competencies & Skills
- Define marketing and business plans to help define software platform and product strategies
- Marketing champion in Agile software development process
- Partner with scrum master and software development team throughout the new product development cycle insuring releases are completed on time, on budget and as specified
- Analyze market and customer needs to ensure optimal product/offering mix and competitiveness
- Development and management of marketing campaigns
- Communicate and present marketing plans, product roadmaps and status updates to the organization
- Capture and translate voice of the customer into actionable requirements
- Portfolio Management (including pricing, SKU rationalization, cost reduction programs, etc.)
- Assist in the development of market collateral support materials and product literature
- Travel expectation is approximately 15% (6-8 weeks per year). Includes international travel.
Job Qualifications: Required Job Skills
- Software Development and Commercialization
- Product / Software Life Cycle Management
- Product Strategy & Customer Solution Development
- Customer Focus
- Cross Functional Team Leadership
- Fundamental Marketing Principles
- Skills in Pricing and Financial analysis
- Global Experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Education & Experience:
- Fire Services or Industrial product management leadership experience
- Identification of customer needs, and experience with VoC activities
- Competitive product assessment, development and articulation of product value proposition
- Experience with marketing both software and hardware systems. Experience with the Fire Service and/or Industrial markets desired. Experience with data communications and/or Accountability Systems a plus.
- Degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree is required (Engineering, Computer Science or Business preferred). MBA preferred.
- 5 Years of Product Management experience or 10 years of experience working with technical products is required.
- Experience working with personal communications equipment, software offerings, and/or Accountability Systems strongly preferred.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.