*Product Manager for Enterprise Solutions Group / Server *
Dell’s Marketing Vision is to be a world-class, innovative and customer-focused marketing organization that shapes our offerings, influences our stakeholder’s perceptions and behaviors, and drives growth and profitability.
Dell provides boundless opportunities for lateral and upward mobility and growth. We have a Mentor Connect program that enables you to seek mentorship to support personal and professional development. Dell also has “Marketing University” that provides marketers tools and courses to develop and strengthen functional marketing skills, deepen technical expertise, enhance personal effectiveness, and strengthen leadership skills.
* Maintaining multiple vendor and supplier relationships
* Analysis of commodity roadmaps, understanding what is available on Dell mainstream platforms and what is not; understanding when commodities will end-of-life
* Understanding of key technology trends across various commodities
* Ability to multitask and work on multiple demand priorities at the same time
* Ability to communicate various analysis via reference materials and presentations tailored for different audiences
* Work with customers and account teams to win deals by understanding the product and services requirements. Drive for results in winning at the customers with the best cost solution in the most efficient form of delivery possible.
* Understand the competitive environment and how to win against all competitors.
* Exhibit in depth knowledge of the Dell enterprise portfolio including servers, storage, networking and software. Capable of having technical, detailed discussions with customers, account teams, and internal stakeholders.
* Financially analyze all deals to ensure best margins and revenue for Dell. Work well with internal Dell teams in Procurement, Operations, Services, Engineering, Sales through all the details of the deals.
* Detail oriented to work with internal Dell teams to ensure ease of quoting and manufacturing of product.
* Understand vendor roadmaps, how it relates to standard launched products, and previous DSS deals.
* Understand Dell standard products and DCS custom products to support solution development.
* Understand resources (people, tools, and documents) to research customer and sales questions in a timely manner.
* Understand technical product concepts to assist engineers and customers in making product commodity tradeoffdecisions
* Develop knowledge of hyperscale industry, including competition, to support sales in positioning Dell in new opportunities
* Collaborate with the various functions on how to best meet large customers’ changing needs, encouraging out-of-box thinking and ideas
* Product managers in DSSsupport the full range of opportunities that provide varying levels of engagement with customers (transactionaldeals leveraging PowerEdge products) and engineering (development of entirely new products to the Dell portfolio)
-12 years of experience in product management in server or relative industry.
-Must understand technical product concepts to assist engineers and customers in making product/commodity tradeoff decisions.
-Strong knowledge of data center technologies, future trends, and direction, including hyperscale industry competitors.
-Solid business, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
-Strong skills in hands-on execution and project management
-Must have a pragmatic, hands-on style, and the ability to “think outside the box”.
-Strong planning and priority-setting abilities.
-Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and influencing skills.
-Experienced at managing and delivering on time with multiple concurrent priorities.
-Must have the ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced, and demanding environment.
-Bachelor's Degree - required; Engineering Degree preferred
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success./
*/Why work with us?/*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
**Job:** **Product Management*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Product Manager for Enterprise Solutions Group/Server*
**Requisition ID:** *16000OV9*
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.