Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This role is responsible for the parasiticides portfolio of the Food Production Animal Business Unit at Merck Animal Health. The Product Manager will have primary responsibility for providing strategic and executional marketing leadership for the business unit's para portfolio. This position will execute developing and managing all brand communication including advertising, public relations, trade programs and professional marketing. He/she will be responsible for delivering the market's annual financial plan including topline sales, spending and profit contribution.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Establish franchise business and innovation strategy in alignment with the Merck Animal Health parasiticide strategy.
- Be the brand steward for the portfolio including Safeguard franchise, innovative new products and technologies.
- Build and develop a pipeline of para products /claims/services.
- Develop an annual market plan and prepare product launch plan for new products including pricing, A&P, etc. Make distributor and pricing recommendations as needed and maintain competitive product files.
- Develop all brand communications and allocation of spending. Work closely with internal support groups and outside agencies to understand customer needs and develop the most compelling marketing programs to leverage solutions.
- Work closely with sales teams to develop programs to drive sales and market share. Attend trade shows and sales meetings to maintain market contact.
- Develop and adjust unit and dollar forecasts for all products as needed to assist in inventory control. Manage and allocate budget spending, e.g., trade shows, advertising, departmental.
- Utilize knowledge of the para market, current and future competitors to develop the strongest potential plans and programs to grow sales and profits.
- Liaise with the Global Marketing to leverage global marketing strategies.
- Interface with Global Marketing, R&D and regulatory teams to ensure new product development is properly aligned with business requirements.
- Provide training as needed to MAH Sales team as well as Distributor sales reps.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BA/BS Degree required with 6 yrs relevant experience or MS degree with 4 years of relevant sales or marketing in the animal health industry.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of marketing management including:
- 2 years of veterinarian marketing experience in animal health and/or
- 2 years of marketing experience in the animal health industry with a wide range of marketing spending
- Experience in launching animal health products
- Experience in sales or working with a sales force
- Must possess strong financial acumen, knowledge of market research and customer
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening skills), interpersonal skills and project management skills.
- Self-starter, able to work and manage effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration cross-functionally, to effective work with all functional areas within the company (Technical Services, Sales, Manufacturing, R & D,
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of the US cattle market preferred
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement