At Monsanto, we're focused on finding innovative solutions for the issues we face in agriculture. In our IT Products & Engineering group, we leverage cutting edge technology, data, analytics and software to transform agriculture with digital products that accelerate the development & delivery of revolutionary agricultural solutions and enable rich engagement with our farmer customers. You'll find a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things. That's because every day, we give you the chance to take novel approaches to important agricultural problems working in a company that invests over $1 billion in research and development every year.
As an IT professional with Monsanto, you are joining an organization ranked among the Top 100 Companies by Information Week and among the 100 Best Places for IT Workers by Computerworld. This is where your ideas could push the limits of agricultural technology and maybe even change the world. We're working toward producing more , conserving more , and improving lives .
Monsanto is seeking a Product Manager
to design innovative new digital products that enable our mission to unlock new yield potential on the farm. These product offerings are diverse and span from mobile & web apps, to data & analytics services, to smart devices using Internet of Things technologies.
Product Managers work closely with software engineers to guide products from conception to launch. The role is expected to bridge the technical and business worlds as products are designed that enable our key business objectives through collaboration with business strategy, data science and product delivery teams. Responsibilities include:
- Set product capability priorities, ranging from functional, to technical, to user experience.
- Define a product vision and strategy.
- Develop strategies and plans for product delivery.
- Collaborate with agile development teams for sprint planning & product design.
- Collaborate with UX designers to create user experiences that are useful, usable and desirable.
- Collaborate with world-class engineers to deliver state-of-the-art digital capability.
- Interact with business users to understand needs and business leads to understand strategy.
Please preview our 'Working at Monsanto' video:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar discipline, strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years product management experience, required.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Ability to think strategically about technology and execute as necessary.
- Experience in the agriculture or biotech industry.
- Experience with agile methodology or SCRUM.
- Experience with SAP software system.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as software design & development, user experience, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Product management or design experience with a focus on software products and technologies.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.