Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
- Our Projects Product Management team is growing and we are seeking a Product Manager - Project Financials with solid understanding of Project Costing & Budgeting with experience in Revenue Forecast and Project Billing.
What a Product Manager (PM) does at Workday:
- Innovates: Designs products that enable users to spend less time consolidating data across different systems and is streamlined, intuitive, and user friendly without sacrificing functionality or compliance. This is achieved by using a combination of functional/operational knowledge (e.g. accounting close, cash management, revenue recognition, procurement etc.), the ability to think analytically, and a passion for making a difference.
- Collaborates: Serves as a user-representative who can convey functional process requirements to technical audiences and drives product development through the entire life cycle. Point of contact for internal teams such as consultants, production support, training, documentation and sales. Provides sales team with demos or presentations to prospective customers. Collaboration is the key to success.
- Makes Customers Happy: Talks to customers to understand what features customers need/want to determine product roadmap. Keeps feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Liaises with relevant parties, including development, QA, documentation, product support, etc., to facilitate the release process. Manages development related customer escalation when needed.
- Executes: Plans releases and sets roadmaps. Designs features and sets functional requirements, then tracks and reports progress against key milestones. Ensures on-time and high-quality delivery of the product using Agile.
- Leads: Provides coaching, mentoring and support to staff on both technical and non-technical issues. Identifies and researches trends to contribute to product roadmap. Evangelizes new product features and benefits at user conferences and other venues.
What skills are needed to be successful:
- 3-5 years of experience as a product owner, enterprise financials systems analyst or functional consultant
- Functional knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Project Costing and Budgeting, Change Management, Project Billing & Revenue Forecasting
- In addition to experience mentioned above, 2+ years work experience in an accounting or finance related role
- Knowledge of financial accounting rules, processes and regulations to serve as a Subject-Matter-Expert for this functional area.
- Enterprise system configuration, administration, integration or implementation experience
- Fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy a fast paced work environment.
- BS / BA degree or equivalent work experience
Our Pleasanton, CA headquarters is located within 5 minutes of BART and other public transportation.
If you want to contribute to the design of our revolutionary cloud-based, user-friendly enterprise financials management product, click "apply now" above to share your resume or LinkedIn profile with us today!
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.