Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Capital One Partnerships is looking for an experienced and energetic Product Manager to lead a team focused on delivering large transformational projects, new partner launches and conversions. Product Managers are our tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Dedicated problem solvers who thrive in a team environment, leverage big data, Agile principles and human insights to create experiences with the power to change our industry. You will collaborate with business stakeholders, analysts, developers and others across the business to invent features and experiences that make Capital One even more engaging for both our partners and customers.
Keep reading if:
- You’re driven to build amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for people
- You embrace Agile and Lean by defining, building and launching minimum viable products (MVPs)
- You are excited to use data driven insights to improve customer experience and provide business value
- You have a passion for identifying and solving real consumer and business problems
What you'll do:
- Promote and create customer loyalty through innovative, quality driven product strategies and feature sets
- Work with a cross-functional team to translate customer needs and technology directions into new features and services
- Define, analyze and communicate product roadmap aligned with business objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis
- Document and prioritize product specifications including goals, use cases and requirements
- Drive day-to-day prioritization of work operations, projects and scope, troubleshoot reported issues
- With partners, define and analyze metrics to measure the success of product launches; ideally even coming up with dashboards everyone can see at any time, thereby improving our speed in seeing and communicating results
What we’re looking for:
- Amazing product instincts. You are a creative expert in building and testing great user experiences and have a strong intuition for what people want or need. You have stories you could share about using testing and iteration to solve a complex problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for working in ambiguity—and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. This is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Confidence. Whether you’re conducting qualitative or quantitative research, you’re an expert at extracting insights that might go against what you originally thought they’d be—in other words, you’re not someone who’s looking for validation, but instead, truth.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in product management or program management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.