At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations and delivers great consumer experiences.
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! At Capital One, we’re looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as Sr. Product Managers in our Card product group. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too…)
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
• You think Square is just a geometric shape
• Rasberry Pi looks misspelled
• You have an aversion to denim
• A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
• Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
-You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer’s needs.
-You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our banking product teams, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into a simple, intuitive experiences that serves our customer’s banking needs
-This position isn’t just about delivering the code; though, it’s a pretty important part. As a Product Manager, you’ll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you’ll want to ensure that Excel doesn’t scare you off.
If those things up there sounds like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let’s talk. Send us your information and let’s see what you have.
-At least 4 years of digital product management experience
-Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.