Location: Granville, Ohio - United States
The Product Manager
, Industrial Geo is to have overall responsibility to lead the development and commercialization of New Industrial Geo products and increase the profitability of the existing product portfolio. This individual will exhibit thought-leadership, initiative, to proactively identify and move forward market growth opportunities. The Product Manager will focus on transforming our product line offering to become the preferred choice for Industrial Geo products. In addition, this person will be responsible to perform the analytics, define the needs of the customer, and leverage product technology and market trends to drive business results. This individual will work closely with Strategic Marketing, Insights, Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Service, Supply Chain, and Finance.
Reports to: VP Business Development Specialty ProductsResponsibilities:Strategy
Manage Industrial Geo products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, conducting Voice of the Customer (VOC) research, defining the product vision, and making sure products meet customer FFU's
Provide the following business segment insights including:
- Market trends
- Trends in Products and customer needs
- Opportunities for product substitution
- An analysis of the competition that identifies competitive advantages, disadvantages and company strengths and weaknesses including overall business approach and product strategy.
- Resources and manages the innovation pipeline to deliver market results.
- Consistently drives programs to improve cost structure at all levels.
- Identifies and builds business case for new product substitution opportunities
Knowing Our Customers and Growing the Industrial Geo Business
- Monitors market data and customer feedback to collect and synthesize changes in product, market conditions and/or competitive behavior.
Business Case Analytics
- Continuously builds an intimate insight and knowledge of business segment customers, their business, what is necessary for the customer to be successful and the value that our current and future products deliver to the customer and how we can discover new opportunities for continued benefit.
- Understand the current market dynamics, and as well as help to identify key future trends that impact the profitability of components product line, and ultimately impact our business.
- Understand what customers value from the Industrial Geo product line.
- Provide insight to contractors / distributors / Converters / sales professionals on how they can improve the performance of their business and share best practices by educating them on the benefits of the products and how they compare to the competition.
- Maintain and develop a presence with industry organizations.
Prepare/present plain language statements of market opportunities that accurately forecast revenue and profitability as well as costs to execute. Work with partner organizations, identify and gather critical data to manage risk. Recommend appropriate courses of action, clearly stating assumptions and risks.Market Research
The Product Manager will develop a basic understanding of how we create unique value across each specific customer type, and knowledge of key influencers: contractors and builders. The Product Manager will specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to our sales teams, customers and non-customers. In partnership with Strategic Marketing, Insights and the Sales organization, the Product Manager will continuously build insights and knowledge of our products in order to provide differential value to our customers and their businesses, and key influencers. Project Management
The Product Manager will create and execute a plan of work to deliver projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members (to include Marketing, Insights, S&T, Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Finance, Sales) in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.Commercialization
The Product Manager will work with the Marketing and Pricing teams to develop commercialization, pricing, and promotional strategies to effectively launch new and improved products. This includes defining product positioning and messaging to highlight benefits and value to establish a competitive advantage in the market with all customer channels. The Product Manager will lead the communication with Sales and other key stakeholders.Competitive Analysis
The Product Manager will be recognized as a product knowledge expert for their product segment. The individual will monitor market needs and requirements, taking into account future technologies, codes and standards, competitor products/services and regulatory issues to develop and implement innovative customer solutions for existing and new productsCommunications
The Product Manager will provide clear, timely communications to all stakeholders regarding product changes, packaging changes, new products, etc. This includes providing product training for customers and the sales team.Teaming
Lead cross-functional teams by effectively utilizing each team member to his/her fullest potential to ensure project goals/milestones are met. The Product Manager must be able to engage, motivate, and challenge peers in other functional areas to deliver results.Metrics
- Profitable, measurable market share growth
- Revenue and margin optimization from current products
- Revenue and margin impact from new products
Successfully executing full product / service management including positioning, pricing strategy, margin management, investments, and channel management.
- Bachelor's degree is essential, MBA preferred.
- Developing and marketing new products and services; attracting new customers.
- Brand management leadership in a consumer products organization.
- Product or category management experience within the building products industry desired
- Exposure to/work in the retail channel, highly desired.
- Demonstrated quantitative capabilities, including financial, statistical and predictive modeling.
- Development of successful relationships with suppliers and co-marketing partners, preferred.
- Influencing others effectively and sustainably with and without authority
- Business and financial acumen-Increasing margins through management of mix, cost and price.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to large and diverse audiences.
#LI-KM2 About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.