Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The PM will “own” a specific technical domain within the eBay search engine.
The PM needs to:
- Understand the needs and expectations of internal and external customers
- Understand the plans and challenges of customers – what are their business and long-term goals?
- Understand the challenges and expectations from usage point-of-view (as opposed to the customers)
- Understand the competitive landscape – what are other companies do to address the same challenges? What are the industry standards? What are the general market expectations? What are common technologies that are available?
- Define and prioritize the scenarios and usecases that will best address customer need and requirements
- Define the developer experience that will deliver best adoption
- Describe the impact of current defects on the customers and users
- Prioritize the investments made to address the need between functional requirements, non-functional requirements and defects resolution
- Review the implementation plans from the customers’ and users’ perspective
- Monitor the product’s current ability to address the needs through constant validations with the customers
- Drive to resolve every obstacle that prevents the emerging product by addressing customer’s problems – architecturally, resources-wise, or management attention
- Plan the roll-out and ramp-up of the product to the customers and users to increase awareness and correct usage
- Be responsible for the preparation of all the material that is needed for successful adoption of the product – product documentation, tutorials, release notes, reference code, etc.
- Monitor the progress of adoption and successful usage – collect feedback for upgrades and fixes
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6 years’ minimum experience as a technical product manager of software platform technologies
- Proven track record in managing complex systems or projects and working with highly technical customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in large organizations including managing dependencies across business units.
Preferred / Plus:
- Master of Science or MBA
- Search domain knowledge
- Large web site operations knowledge
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.