Do you get excited about brand story telling? Do you have passion for marketing? Especially engaging and educating on science through entertainment? The Product Manager (PM)/Senior Product Manager(SPM) for the consumer marketing team in Ophthalmics is the execution lead for all tactics through all channels in the patient journey. The new PM/SPM will support the Ophthalmics franchise in a fun, fast-paced and intense matrix environment with internal (marketing and commercial operations, CMLR review) and external partners (ya know, the agency stuff). The PM/SPM must have strengths in marketing, brand story-telling including media, CRM and online patient journey. To be successful in this role, you must love the details, and with high EI to have the interpersonal skills to remain diplomatic and fair while negotiating tough conversations that come with managing the brands.
As part of the marketing team, this role shares responsibility for defining and executing strategies that will result in achieving revenue, market share and A&P expense targets. In delivering against assigned objectives, the PM/SPM is an all-around team player who collaborates extensively with other members of the marketing team and multiple other internal functions. The role also requires flexibility to respond to requests from leadership to support various key projects and initiatives that may arise. As appropriate, this role provides direction to vendors to ensure quality and timely completion of assigned projects and campaigns.
60% of Time Marketing Execution
- Key stakeholder in planning and implementation of assigned programs and tactics to deliver against developed strategies
- Develop area-specific promotional and service-oriented content for personal and/or non-personal channels
- Manage A&P budget and expenses as assigned by the Marketing Lead, ensuring that resources are utilized effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with team members to align programs and tactics that fall across customer focus
- Effectively manage relevant vendor, agency and consultant resources and their work product to ensure responsible and impactful use of A&P funds
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure achievement of assigned objectives and/or maximize the impact & effectiveness of programs and tactics to achieve those objectives
- Track and monitor all program/tactic targets to drive measurable results as compared with spend (ROI).
- Collaborate and foster a positive relationship with CMLR to ensure an effective and productive promotional materials review process
- Establish and manage the overall timing, deliverables, dependencies, issues, risks, and resolutions to marketing initiatives
30% of Time Marketing Excellence
- Think outside of box and bring forth ideas on how to improve brand communication to consumers
- Develop, maintain and continue to learn every day about the product and therapeutic class area
- Contribute to the relevant brand strategies (Consumer)
- Partner with Insights and Market Research to garner the necessary actionable insights to be applied to your marketing activities
- Ensure understanding of and adherence to all relevant internal and external policies or guidelines related to the team's activities and deliverables
- Overall accountability & leadership of assigned marketing initiatives
10% of Time Communication, Coordination & Alignment
Education and Experience
- Effectively communication and collaborate with team members to ensure efforts across functions are aligned within markets and across customer groups
- Leverage cross-functional learnings and activities to realize potential synergies
- BA or BS degree required
- 3-5 years min experience in marketing
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.