Department Description SUMMARY:
The Community Moderator will be responsible for building and nurturing the online customer community for Oracle Cloud, including working across teams to ensure that relevant content is posted, customer questions are answered, and that the online community becomes an important asset for customers in their use of cloud services and their relationship with Oracle. The Community Moderator will work with product strategy/management, marketing, customer success, and other teams to maximize the participation, engagement and the value of the online community.
- Monitor the Discussions
- T ake action as appropriately - follow up with other teams for answers, choose best answer, respond, remove posts...
- Monitor any questions from customers that are not answered by other customers and request appropriate internal experts to contribute answers
- Refer especially positive feedback to customer marketing staff who could work customers to develop case studies
- Help recognize top customer contributors, including at events and in other forums
- Propose curation and other appropriate modifications to the structure of the community, including gamification elements
- Interact with Customer Success teams and assist them to use community participation as a factor in tracking customer health
- I nteract with product management to ensure that they are tracking highly voted items in the Idea Labs, and marking items as Delivered
- Collaborate with the central team and other non-HCM product areas in providing guidance on how to evolve the larger community
- Promote the community among Oracle internal stakeholders to encourage posting of (links to) information and updates that are useful to customers
- Hold monthly meetings with the different Cloud Service teams for continued discussion on how to improve he community
- Weekly emails to community leads for the various Cloud Services
- T rack participation, activity and relevant metrics and share regular (monthly) internal updates on the growth and health of the community
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
• 5 years experience in product marketing or online community development
• Active participation in various online communities.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
REQUIRED PERSONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- Understanding of the Cloud business in general and the C loud software delivery model.
- High energy, charismatic, innovative, creative, and a p roven track record in performing well in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to work across business lines.
- Strong team player with proven ability to lead through influence.
- Detail-Oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Learn current and new technology tools
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Great knowledge of Microsoft office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.