This is your opportunity to part of Oracle's Elite Team who will be directly responsible for the design and development Oracle's next generation cloud centric infrastructure portfolio.
For more information please see the URL's below to see how we have integrated the best tightly integrated compute, storage, networking, and virtualization into a converged engineered system that is pushing all performance limits to the extreme!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufAh2h6BrvA Position Overview:
This person will be a self-motivated, multi-purpose subject matter expert with deep converged infrastructure technology knowledge along with a strong technical understanding of enterprise-class data-center and cloud-based compute, storage, and network solutions. This person should also have a strong understanding of the overall IT market, customer pain points, competitive offerings, and be thoroughly familiar with product development processes and the product management role. Preferred Qualifications:
• 10 years' experience leading technical marketing efforts at major high-tech companies
• Hands-on experience in configuration, testing, and deployment of converged infrastructures, hyper-converged systems, and private/public cloud computing technologies
• Demonstrated success in identifying customer technical pain points, product requirements, market opportunities, and bringing products to market
• Demonstrated success in working cross-functionally to achieve product, solution, and organizational objectives
• Proven analytical, communication and technical writing skills with the ability to effectively present across functions to executives, business and technical audiences
• Demonstrated leadership and creativity
• Undergraduate degree. MBA preferred.
Preferred candidates will be able to define, build & help sell converged infrastructure solutions, be guiders, motivators, self-starters and know how to work with key internal & external constituencies to win business. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in areas of solution selling. Job Responsibilities:
As a Technical Marketing Engineer in the Converged Infrastructure Business Group you will provide leadership across Oracle's converged infrastructure and systems products including engineered systems, servers, storage, archive solutions, networking, operating systems, management software and cloud. You will meet with customers, partners, Oracle sales leaders, and use your own in-depth market and industry competitive knowledge to provide strategic direction, develop technical validation, proof-of-concept for existing and future products, as well as to identify, evaluate, and recommend technical requirements for new market opportunities. You will work cross-functionally with product-specific management groups, development teams, and GTM groups to achieve the Converged Infrastructure Business Group's goals in launching products and solutions. Candidate Profile:
We are looking for a high-energy, high-impact technical marketing professional with deep experience in the cloud and converged infrastructure environment. The individual will have high visibility with senior executives, marketing, product development, and sales organizations. The successful candidate should have hands-on configuration experience of enterprise systems and cloud computing components, have excellent communications and cross-functional team building skills, a strong understanding of the Converged Infrastructure business, proven results working in and leading distributed cross-functional environments in rapidly evolving markets.
This person will be a self-motivated, multi-purpose subject matter expert with deep converged infrastructure technology knowledge along with a strong understanding of data-center and cloud customer needs. This person should also have a strong understanding of the overall IT market, customer pain points, competitive offerings, and be thoroughly familiar with product development processes and the product management role.
This is a critical and high visibility role spanning a broad range of exciting technologies and products.
Top 4 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
- Conduct proof-of-concept validation, solutions testing of Oracle Cloud and Converged Infrastructure solutions
- Develop technical collateral ranging from implementation guides, technical briefs, whitepapers, technical presentations, and product/solutions demonstrations
- Be the cloud subject matter expert and interface with sales engineering team
- Provide technical guidelines to the sales field in planning, installing, and supporting Oracle Cloud and Converged Infrastructure solutions
- Primary source for reliable technical information and advice on all aspects of Oracle products and competitor's product offerings.
- Develop, manage, and execute performance benchmarks, interoperability testing of Oracle and partner solutions
- Closely collaborate with Development teams to define, design, and adapt capabilities
- Collaborate with product marketing on release, market positioning and GTM training, as well as to drive product adoption post-launch
- Partner with sales and marketing to deliver high quality product collateral, solutions whitepaper, and implementation guides
- Launch new services/features by working closely with marketing, and sales organizations to maximize product adoption
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into intuitive concepts and graphics.
- Present to internal audiences, customers, partners, media and analysts
1. Product Management experience in an enterprise environment
2. Converged infrastructure experience
3. Cloud experience (including IaaS, PaaS layers)
4. Hands-on configuration and testing of Enterprise infrastructure and Cloud applications Work Location: HQ - Redwood City, CA (no exceptions) Qualifications:
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.