The Cloud Initiatives Product Management team is looking for an experienced Lead Product Owner with a strong background in design, development and operational processes for the development and deployment of a new class of cloud offerings. The incumbent will work as a part of a team developing a service that will deliver an exceptional client experience and focus on assuring alignment between product strategy, product roadmap, and the evolving ecosystem.
As a member of the Product Management team, this individual will have the ability to define and drive core concepts related to the platform, services definition, and product rollout. The incumbent will also work with the product, development, and operations teams to develop and refine user stories.
This role requires the understanding of Agile development methodologies, technologies used within the tech-stack, and overall customer requirements. This role will also require the ability to prioritize, assess requests and opportunities as well as define and maintain a platform-centered product roadmap. We're looking to hire someone who combines passion and experience for product development with a strong ability to work closely with software engineering development teams in a new product development setting.
- Refine user stories working with Customers, Engineers, and Product Managers
- Facilitate cross-functional development focused collaboration
- Ensure that the "voice of the customer" is instilled into the product strategy and the product roadmap
- Validate product specifications with users/user communities
- Identify opportunities for new initiatives, and develop business plans, product plans, and success metrics to make the case for investment
- Review design documents and architecture, and participate in general technical discussions
- Actively manage projects cross-functionally to ensure successful outcomes
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where iterative design and development approaches are followed
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years in a software product management role, or related experience
- Experience developing SaaS products and technologies desired
- Experience managing or leading a team through various cycles of product management planning and implementation
- Experience with Agile is necessary and Agile certification a plus.
- Exceptional analytic skills; ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, and discern patterns "in the data"
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to tailor communications to a diverse set of internal and external audiences
- Experience with REST APIs a plus
- Experience working with a DevOps Team
- An understanding of automated deployment technologies within a Cloud SaaS environment
1. Product Manager / Product Owner experience
2. Cloud experience in data-intensive settings
3. Healthcare/Medical experienceQualifications:
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Attention to detail critical. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. Relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible clients desired. 2 plus years relevant work experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.