Product & Market Strategist
We've built a small, tightly knit, and ridiculously productive Product & Market Strategy team within the Commerce product development group at Oracle. We wear many hats, work across and influence many groups, are insatiable content creators, have a burning love for data, and are blazing new trails within the organization every day. If you are determined, collaborative and creative, eager to learn and evolve, produce, and move fast - you'll fit well on our team.
Here is what you can expect to from the everyday:
• Developing analysis and significant input for general strategy elements of the Oracle Commerce business and product plans, including assembling local and global market data and intelligence to support and enhance product and business strategy
• Nurturing relationships with corporate product groups, marketing, press, analysts, and sales to seek out new opportunities to for the commerce business within Oracle.
• Helping to lead market messaging / positioning of Commerce products, driving the value proposition, training internal and external ecosystem playing key product marketing role in growing revenue and increasing selling price for joint solution.
• Collaborating with product and marketing leadership to gain understanding of forecasted deals, trends, competitive landscape and market opportunities, refining messaging and developing new sales enablement based on information gathered.
• Creating strategies to maximize selling of the Oracle Commerce in conjunction with other Oracle products.
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.