As a Principal Product Strategy Manager, you will be the customer-facing representative for Product Development, and the bridge between customer users and the product development staff. Your role in Product Management is to manage the future direction of the products by being a functional domain expert and thought leader, working with customers to understand their requirements, turning those requirements into business requirement documents, and designing strong, comprehensive solutions for product development to build. You will keep abreast of industry trends and monitor the competition to ensure our products are at the forefront of innovation.
This role requires a strategic thinker with strong communication and presentation skills, ability to effectively present to and manage collaborative discussions with large groups at conferences and advisory board meetings, and a demonstrated ability to discuss complex and potentially challenging topics with executives and upper management (both internally and at customer sites). You will assist Sales with questions on product roadmap and/or attend CVC (customer visit center) meetings to present the future direction to prospective customers. The ability to heavily multi-task on widely differing topics is crucial in this role, as it also can include:
- Develop and manage product and thought leadership content including datasheets, whitepapers, case studies, and sales tools including presentations, ROI calculators, and positioning documents
- Develop and manage customer marketing/reference materials including case studies, customer videos, and customer profiles
- Establish and maintain a marketing relationship with key customers who are willing to be references for case studies and speaking events
- Collaborate closely with design, writers, product management, sales, and solution GM's
As Oracle expands its Cloud offerings, we are looking for an individual who is able to research emerging trends and use your public sector experience to assist product growth into new opportunities. This role requires an individual with extensive experience and intimate knowledge of the business processes used by government agencies to engage and serve their citizens. Experience in software solutions targeted for city, county, state, and federal agencies (such as
Accela, Tyler Technologies, etc.) a bonus. In addition, the candidate should have:
- At least 5 years of experience administering and/or designing public sector software systems
- Capable of engaging senior-level customer executives and staff with highly complex issues
- Ability to provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology
- Strategic vision to recommend and justify major changes to existing products/services/processes
- BS or MS degree and equivalent experience relevant to functional area
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.