Oracle's Palerra is changing the world of cloud and enterprise security. We enable organizations to monitor their entire cloud application footprint through a single pane of glass with no impact to end-users. Our innovations in big data, predictive analytics, threat intelligence, and cloud security help our customers protect their resources across desktop, mobile, and wearable devices. Position description
The Principal Product Manager is responsible for cloud security solutions based on Palerra's LORIC platform. In this role, you will be leading cross-functional teams spanning from Engineering to Marketing to Sales to Customer Success, and you will have broad inbound and outbound product management responsibilities. You will think strategically and execute relentlessly.
Success in this role means creating lasting value for customers through product offerings. About you
- Your intellectual curiosity, technical subject matter expertise, and business acumen drove you to become enterprise product manager several years back
- You stay calm and composed under stress because you're used to the daily life of an enterprise software product manager
- You are highly organized with very strong analytical skills, can prioritize multiple tasks, are very articulate both verbally and in written formats, can communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, and have excellent attention to detail
- You are a proven leader which can inspire teams to over-achieve, and who believes in ownership, accountability, and integrity
- Define and ship awesome products that customers love, by leading a cross-functional team of engineers and designers
- Define the product roadmap of current and future products through market research, ideation, and data-driven decision making
- Work with customers and partners to identify and understand use cases and requirements
- Develop product positioning and go-to-market strategies
- Represent and evangelize the product with internal and external audiences
- 5 years in leadership enterprise product management roles with in-depth knowledge of enterprise software, enterprise infrastructure, cloud services, and security, with deep understanding of customer needs and market developments
- 10 years in enterprise software and demonstrated ability to work effectively with highly technical teams of experts on complex software solutions
- Can-do attitude and "Startup DNA": you are comfortable in an environment that is nimble, fast-paced, and gives you plenty of room to contribute and have impact
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. MBA is a plus
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.