Product Manager/Strategy, Converged Infrastructure Business Group
As a Product Manager in the Converged Infrastructure Business Group you will manage Oracle's core converged infrastructure products including engineered systems, servers, storage, archive solutions, networking, operating systems and management software. You will meet with customers, partners, Oracle sales leaders, and use your own in-depth market and industry competitive knowledge to provide strategic direction, develop detailed specifications for existing and future products, as well as to identify, evaluate, and recommend new market opportunities. You will work cross-functionally with product-specific management groups, development teams, and GTM groups to achieve the Converged Infrastructure Business Group's goals in launching products and solutions.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
Position Description: Product Manager/Strategy
- Be the company expert in converged infrastructure customers, market, and the competition
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology
- Possess strong product acumen that effectively balances strategic imperatives with tactical daily needs
- Own product definition from vision, roadmap to detailed product requirements
- Drive product strategy and direction that translates into high value customer features
- Closely collaborate with Development teams to define, design, and adapt capabilities
- Lead and influence product teams to invest and iterate on the right product features
- Run effective beta programs and collect continuous customer feedback
- Collaborate with product marketing on release, market positioning and GTM training, as well as to drive product adoption post-launch
- Partner with sales and marketing to deliver high quality product collateral, and influence pricing, packaging and positioning
- Launch new services/features by working closely with marketing, and sales organizations to maximize product adoption
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into intuitive concepts and graphics.
- Present to internal audiences, customers, partners, media and analysts
- Establish metrics to measure the success of each product offering and release
We are looking for a high-energy, high-impact product management professional with deep experience in the converged infrastructure market, product requirements, and solution development. This person will drive the product development agenda to ensure that customer needs and market trends are addressed. The individual will have high visibility with senior executives, marketing, product development, and sales organizations. The successful candidate should have excellent communications and cross-functional team building skills, a strong understanding of the Converged Infrastructure business, proven results working in and leading distributed cross-functional environments in rapidly evolving markets.
This person will be a self-motivated, multi-purpose subject matter expert with deep converged infrastructure technology knowledge along with a strong understanding of data-center and cloud customer needs. This person should also have a strong understanding of the overall IT market, customer pain points, competitive offerings, and be thoroughly familiar with product development processes and the product management role .
10 years' experience leading product management efforts at major high-tech companies
- Demonstrated success in defining customer pain points, market opportunities, and bringing products to market
- Demonstrated success in working cross-functionally to achieve product, solution, and organizational objectives
- Proven communication and writing skills with the ability to effectively present across functions to executives, business and technical audiences
- Demonstrated leadership and creativity
- Undergraduate degree. MBA preferred.
Preferred candidates will be able to build & help sell converged infrastructure solutions, be guiders, motivators, self-starters and know how to work with key internal & external constituencies to win business. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in areas of solution selling. Work Location:
HQ. San Francisco Bay area based candidates only. Travel Component:
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.