We are expanding the Product Management team for Oracle Linux and Virtualization to deal with the growth and success of the product, and drive the product roadmap and execution.
- In general, the person in this role must have a positive, "get it done" attitude. Strong diplomacy skills are essential.
- Direct experience with operating system software, server virtualization software, and closely related network and storage technologies in an enterprise class environment and/or with an enterprise class product.
- Significant experience with management software, i.e. system management or infrastructure management software a strongly desired
- Significant hands-on experience with Linux, Solaris and Virtualization.
- Good working knowledge of clustering, filesystem, and management software desired
- Candidate ideally has experience working in customer/engineering facing facing role, e.g. Consulting, Product Management, etc.
- Candidate must have strong written- and verbal communication skills in order to clearly communicate next steps with engineering and to be able to create engineering-facing documentation, e.g. product requirements and use cases.
- This position is intended to be filled in San Francisco Bay area but other locations may be considered at Oracle's discretion.
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.