If massive scale, start-up environment; opportunity to drive generational transformation excite you, then read on! If you are a seasoned business and technical leader with experience in building and managing field enablement organizations - this role may be perfect for you!
Inside Oracle - we are a fast-growing; fast moving product management group focused on delivering Oracle's next generation infrastructure-as-a-service platform. We are on a mission to deliver a massively scalable global infrastructure cloud platform that is a hallmark of innovation, reliability and efficiency. This platform will show our customers the promise of infinite, on-demand, globally scalable infrastructure capacity that they can use to deliver efficient, productive and compliant services to their customers.
In the IaaS product management group, we are looking for a seasoned leader to lead field and customer advisory boards for the entire IaaS business. The goal of these advisory boards is to enable Oracle customers and field to provide feedback on Oracle IaaS roadmap and help the engineering teams prioritize features that best meet the needs of our customers. In this role, your ability to work across sales, engineering, customer success and marketing organizations seamlessly and effectively will define your success.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be as follows -
• Define, build and execute on the field and customer advisory programs for the global IaaS business with the engineering and sales leadership teams.
• Manage the tools, templates and best practices to ensure your success in establishing and managing the IaaS field and customer advisory boards.
• Lead the field and customer advisory programs, including designing the program framework, communicating to the key stakeholders, recruiting, delivery, and post-delivery activities.
• Channel the feedback from field and customer advisory programs to the engineering leadership to influence product features and roadmap.
To succeed in this role, you will need to meet the following qualifications -
• Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence.
• 7 years of product management experience
• Deep understanding of the global cloud businesses and cloud trends
• Penchant for market and business research that drives actions and decisions
• Exceptional written English, presentation, and facilitation skills
Come over; build your team; make epic things happen and redefine cloud computing!
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a Senior Principal Product Manager in the product management division, you will lead the field and customer advisory initiatives that will help meet our customer satisfaction goals. You will also gather and analyze information to define product specifications, initiate and foster relationships with other groups, review product documentation and collateral and ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities. You will also assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives and regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met .
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.