GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Product Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This position plays a key role in strategizing and incubating new adjacencies and driving organic and recommending inorganic growth for the USCAN Services organization. Drives portfolio optimization activity in the region including service rights licensing and commercial partnerships. Manages NSI process, operating mechanism and portfolio. Also provide multi-functional leadership and strategic direction.
• Develops growth strategies for adjacencies working with USCAN Services staff and Global Services organization
• Prioritizes and performs gap analysis to current GE Healthcare Services portfolio, and defines strategic and tactical steps to best position segment for accelerated growth
• Drives portfolio optimization activities including but not limited to service rights licensing over
equipment life cycle
• Manage portfolio of new offerings (NSI) and executive associated operating mechanism
• Develops framework to evaluate various inorganic plays, including commercial partnerships, JV's, and/or acquisitions
• Ensuring customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the "voice of the customer" is reflected in work processes.
• Close collaboration with marketing to translate practice needs, market analysis, competitive analysis, and regulatory environment factors into actionable strategies and tactics for the product.
• Partner with internal and external domain experts to highlight emerging practice trends and product/content needs of the customer.
• Conducting product research to further understand the competitive profile for the segment worldwide (where applicable) and opportunities for growth
• Working with marketing, engineering, and services to create long-term product roadmaps, requirements, and business plans.
• Create a team environment that encourages innovation.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Establish a commitment to quality and communicate the importance of meeting statutory, regulatory and customer requirements. Ensure quality policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization. Establish and communicate quality objectives that are measurable and consistent with the quality policy.
5. Maintain adequate organizational structures and adequate resources of sufficiently trained personnel. Ensure qualified personnel relative to assigned responsibilities. Ensure appropriate responsibility, independence and authority of all personnel who manage, perform and assess work affecting quality.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or other related field
2. 7+ years experience in product marketing, product development, product management, or related field.
3. Excellent oral and written communications skills
4. Strong analytical and process skills
5. Strong project management skills
6. Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
7. Deep expertise in the assigned product
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. MSc or Master's degree in Marketing, Engineering, Science, Business Administration or other related field
2. 10+ years experience in product marketing, product development or related field
3. Product Management/Marketing expertise, including: market trends/analysis, NPI process, product roadmap development, product life-cycle management,
4. Healthcare product/industry/technical acumen
5. Team oriented - ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
6. Proven ability to work globally
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.