Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionCan you imagine influencing application design for Higher Ed professionals like yourself?
We are looking for Product Managers who can help drive the requirements and design for our student finance features with new perspectives and fresh ideas.What a Student Finance Product Manager does at Workday:
Can you answer YES to many of these questions?
- Drives the cross functional application design that will transform the way institutions serve and satisfy their constituents. Expect a full featured system including:
- Student and parent self-service with an emphasis on mobile.
- Innovative financial aid features to support and automate the full aid cycle - from application through disbursement and reconciliation to support FSA programs, institutional aid, and graduate assistance.
- Comprehensive student account with robust charge and payment management, sponsor support, aging and collections, accounting, and reconciliation.
- Compliance processing and reporting.
- External integrations.
- Coordination and synchronization with Workday Financials and HCM.
- Analytic, trend, and insight reporting.
- Makes customers happy by combining functional and operational knowledge with application design.
- Collaborates by gathering, researching, strategizing, and prioritizing business requirements and presenting features to customers, development teams, prospects, partners, and analysts.
Apply and see if you have what it takes to be part of the revolution of cloud based, user-friendly enterprise software systems being built for the future!
- Do you have 5+ years college or university experience as a Financial Aid or Student Financials deep practitioner (e.g., FA director or team lead, bursar or student finance director)?
- 5+ years experience with enterprise student systems such as PeopleSoft, Banner, Datatel, or other student systems?
- Experience working with Workday Financials or HCM?
- Expertise with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) standards in a higher education environment?
- Do you possess rampant excitement to be part of the team that is building the next generation student system?
- The ability to think analytically and explain complex business processes to a variety of audiences, from internal engineering to external customers?
Our Product Managers gain in-depth knowledge of our applications, product development methodology, and processes through formal and informal training. We utilize an agile development framework. You will be the voice of the customer to ensure that the product you envision gets delivered. You will be the product champion and expert point of contact for implementation consultants, support desk, documentation, sales support, marketing, and product strategy and work effectively within and across these teams to also review, comment, target and follow-up on bug and enhancement reques.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.