Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Our Spend Product Management team is growing. We are seeking a Product Manager - Accounts Payable with a solid understanding of supplier management or accounts payable processes and functionality.
Workday supplier accounts and supplier portal are an integral part of Workday Procurement and ultimately, Spend Management. The supplier accounts product enables our customers to bring together supplier profiles, business process controls, and analytics into a cohesive solution, streamlining the entire invoice process. We are looking for a Product Manager who can contribute to the development of new features in the areas of supplier account management and accounts payable.
What a Product Manager (PM) does at Workday:
- Designs products that enable users to spend less time consolidating data across different systems and is streamlined, intuitive, and user friendly without sacrificing functionality or compliance. This is achieved by using a combination of functional/operational knowledge (e.g. accounting close, cash management, revenue recognition, procurement etc.), the ability to think analytically, and a passion for making a difference.
- : Serves as a user-representative who can convey functional process requirements to technical audiences and drives product development through the entire life cycle. Point of contact for internal teams such as consultants, production support, training, documentation and sales. Provides sales team with demos or presentations to prospective customers. Collaboration is the key to success.
- Makes Customers Happy: Talks to customers to understand what features customers need/want to determine product roadmap. Keeps feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Liaises with relevant parties, including development, QA, documentation, product support, etc., to facilitate the release process. Manages development related customer escalation when needed.
- Plans releases and sets roadmaps. Designs features and sets functional requirements, then tracks and reports progress against key milestones. Ensures on-time and high-quality delivery of the product using Agile.
What skills are needed to be successful:
- 5-8 years of experience as a product owner, product manager, enterprise financials systems manager or functional consultant in supplier management or accounts payable .
- Deep functional knowledge of financial or accounts payable rules, processes, and regulations to serve as a Subject Matter Expert for this area.
- Enterprise system configuration, administration, integration or implementation experience
- Ability to explain complex business processes to a variety of audiences, from internal engineering to external customers, in addition to, excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Passion for how to build better financial enterprise business applications; building software products that enable users to spend less time consolidating data across different systems, requires minimal training and is user friendly without sacrificing functionality and compliance, preferably in the Cloud.
- Experience with scrum and other agile development methods is a plus
- BS / BA, MS / MA degree or equivalent work experience
Our Pleasanton, CA headquarters is located within 5 minutes of BART and other public transportation.
If you want to contribute to the design of our revolutionary cloud-based, user-friendly enterprise financials management product, click "apply now" above to share your resume or LinkedIn profile with us today!
*LI-DB About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.