Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
We're looking for a business analyst experienced in payroll to join Workday's Payroll Product Management team. We're looking for someone who can help bring a new perspective and fresh ideas. As a product manager at Workday, you will help product managers define business requirements and produce functional design specifications. As part of the product management team, you will also work closely with software engineers to turn functional specifications into next-generation business services.
2+ years experience as a payroll business analyst, product manager or consultant.
Research payroll requirements.
Write detailed functional design documents.
Assist product managers with complex designs.
Work closely with developers and QA to ensure the product you intended to have built actually gets built.
Create presentations and demos to help train additional teams on new functionality.
Review, comment, follow-up, and target bug and enhancement requests.
Be a point of contact for internal teams such as consultants, production support, training, documentation, and sales support.
Required characteristics: fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy fast paced work environments.
Must work well within and across teams to get things accomplished.
Does driving a product's design and requirements intrigue you? Do you have a technical background and want to transition into product management?
As an Associate Product Manager, you will help define the product strategy and roadmap, work with customers to understand their needs, interact with engineers to bring the product to life, and learn how to become an effective Product Manager.
Your experience as an Associate Product Manager will include:
• Initial training with a customer-facing consulting project and on-demand/instructor-led courses.
• Dedicated career mentor as well as numerous informal coaching opportunities.
• Exposure to core technology areas such as: Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Mobile, Collaboration, Business Process, Integration, SaaS Infrastructure, In-Memory Object Model, Security and Global.
• Work with teams in Dublin, Ireland, and Munich, Germany, with opportunities for international travel and overseas assignments.
• Opportunity to experience all aspects of software product management.
• Interaction with Workday executives on a regular basis.
• Exposure to both product strategy and product execution.
• Work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
• Understand customer needs to define requirements. Prepare and conduct customer interviews, contextual inquiries, focus groups and design workshops.
• Define product roadmap and priorities.
• Work with engineers and designers to create products.
• Communicate across product teams to deliver functionality to customers.
• Ability to collaborate with diverse groups such as customers, developers, consultants and sales personnel.
• Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills including, but not limited to, task prioritization and effective time management.
• Excellent analytical skills demonstrating good judgment and problem-solving ability.
• A team player with the ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant major
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.