The Product Manager is responsible for managing the product segment on a global basis. Major responsibilities include managing product line profitability, owning new product introduction and obsolescence, overseeing cost-out/value-engineering initiatives, coordinating new customer and market expansion, defining and managing market research and assisting with brand development programs. Significant global, cross-functional interaction and project management leadership is required across the organization with global sales, engineering, manufacturing, sourcing and other functions.
• Monitors the financial performance of the product segment and parts of the resale businesses. Establishes multi-year strategies for growth and cost out, and initiates and manages tactical programs that execute that strategy. Reports out on business health monthly to senior management through formal and informal presentations.
• Oversees New Product Introduction and Value Engineering/Cost Out processes. Collects "Voice of the Customer" information to develop critical commercial specifications, builds financial business cases to support programs and then works extensively with engineering & manufacturing to establish project plans and manage projects from concept to launch.
• Manages all product naming, numbering and data creation processes in various global ERP systems.
• Defines list pricing and customer discount structures and sets them up in various data systems.
• Research and compile market data ranging from approvals requirements to market gaps.
• Assist with product launches.
• Owns strategy and execution of product pricing for products across the world and participates in executing the delegation of authority for price exceptions.
• Manages approvals, re-certifications and other product needs with cross-functional players
• Works with Technical Services and Marketing to ensure all technical documents and marketing literature are accurate and disseminated. Works closely with Marketing/Communications to define and execute product marketing programs.
• Through participation with the sales team, identifies (emerging) markets & products needed to effectively compete in all global markets.
• Supports Regional Account Managers in the field for customer training and sales opportunities.
• Oversees and conducts in-house training for internal and external customers.
• Works with Regional Account Manager in the field to identify specific opportunities by account and sales channel.
• Travels globally to diagnose customer and product needs, enhancements & new applications and to drive product adoption and growth.
• Four (4) year degree in business, marketing or an engineering/technical field. MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 5 - 7 years business experience, preferably with two to four years in a customer facing or product development role. Candidates who have held roles requiring extensive interaction with external customers are preferred.
• Experience working in a matrix business structure and working collaboratively with multiple functions on joint programs is required.
• Experience with project management leadership with a focus on strategy, product development and or business process improvement a plus.
• Previous experience within a construction or infrastructure related industry; product knowledge is a plus.
• Experience with Lean and Six Sigma processes.
• Proven ability to drive results amidst changing business environment
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.