Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This position is located in Westminster MA. Job Summary
As Notification Product Manager, you will work directly for the Sr. Product Manager - Notification and provide product life-cycle support on internally manufactured and outside purchase notification and mass notification products that are typically sold with Simplex Fire Detection systems.
In this role, The Product Manager will be:
Contributing to the product roadmaps and then be involved in all aspects of product management.
Communicating well with vendors and all areas of the company.
Work with cross-functional teams and internal and external sales channels to define product needs and opportunities.
Work closely with vendors, sourcing and L&D, and help them understand and meet sales channel and customer requirements, and to ensure that systems and processes are in place to direct purchase flow through Fire Protection Products rather than being directly purchased by sales channels from external vendors.
Actively involved in analyzing and maintaining internal and external price lists consistent with business unit policies.
Providing accurate sales forecasts to ensure on-time delivery in conjunction with the lowest possible inventory cost. Job Responsibility
- Provide life-cycle product management of the Notification product portfolio to support internal and external channels.
- In cooperation with Sourcing, build and maintain relationships with key suppliers of vended and outside purchase products. Leverage Tyco-level purchases to secure better pricing and terms from key suppliers.
- Perform product management of existing portfolio of Notification and Mass Notification solutions.
- Identify opportunities and gaps in product offerings that augment and aid in the sale of fire detection systems. Incorporate strategically important Vended and Outside Purchase products in price lists and sales tools to simplify access by internal and external sales channels.
- Assist in the management of the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning through end-of-life. Ensure that the listing of available products and pricing is current at all times.
- Provide accurate demand forecasts.
- Ensure that vendors provide adequate sales collateral, sales training and technical support to internal and external sales channels.
- Ensure all customer and import-related documentation requirements is accurate and correctly maintained in ERP.
- Assist Sourcing in the setting up new vendor accounts and products in Tyco's business systems.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of related experience within one of the following roles: Product Manager, Project Manager, Product Specialist, System Designer, Product Developer, Technical Sales Trainer or Business Development.
- Knowledgeable in technology. (detection technologies an asset)
- Prior knowledge of applicable products and suppliers is a strong plus
- Excellent people and communication skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Good written communication skills
- English speaking and writing a must. Other languages an asset
- Good understanding of MS Excel for data trend analysis activities
- Familiar with Fire Detection, Communications. Time Data and Security related markets
- Six Sigma training an asset
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.