Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Job Summary
Security Products provides market leading security solutions to customers in all key vertical markets from Retail to Healthcare to Commercial buildings. The Unified Product Manager is responsible for managing the Unified Client Product - a multi-dimensional single-point event management system for video and access control. The Product Manager responsibilities also extend to managing the Complete Security Solution - a comprehensive security solution for access control, video and intrusion. Major responsibilities include creating the product line strategy, managing product line profitability, generating new market expansion, owning new product introduction and obsolescence, overseeing cost-out/value-engineering initiatives, defining and managing market research and assisting with brand development programs. Significant global, cross-functional interaction and project management is required across the organization with global sales, engineering, manufacturing, sourcing and other functions.
The Product Manager reports to the Director of Product Management for Converged Solutions. The position is located in Westford, MA. Job Responsibility
- Establishes multi-year strategies for growth and cost out, and initiates and manages tactical programs that execute that strategy.
- Conduct VOC and identify gaps in current product line and develop Market and Product Requirements to initiate New Product Development projects to fill the gaps.
- Works with Technical Services and Marketing Communications to ensure all technical documents and marketing literature are accurate and disseminated.
- Works closely with Marketing Communications and Engineering to define and execute product training and knowledge transfer.
- Manage existing projects, collaboration with R&D, external partners.
- Monitors the financial performance of all assigned products/regions.
- Develop and maintain competitive analysis reports. Analyze pricing and programs of competitor products to determine relative position of current offerings.
- Owns strategy and execution of product pricing.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies.
Overall: Manages the Unified Product Client (70%). Manages the Complete Security Solution (30%).
- Engineering degree and MBA preferred
- Four (4) year degree in business, marketing or an engineering/technical field.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of business experience. Preferably with 2 - 3 years in a customer facing or product development role along with 2-3 years as a product manager.
- 2-5 years of experience in the access control or digital video management security market.
The successful product marketing manager will demonstrate a combination of desirable attributes:
- Sound knowledge of customers and influencers in the security and surveillance market.
- Sound knowledge of access control and video management products or similar products.
- Experience in applications engineering, field installation and/or product management in security.
- Keen curiosity to understand the broader picture of the industry
- Goal-oriented with a strong drive for success
- Clear bias to collaboration to achieve results
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly competent in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word
- Capable to deliver convincing presentations on products to sales, R&D, marketing and senior staff
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.