The Product Management function is part of the Chief Operating Officer’s organization within PGIM Fixed Income (PGIM FI). This department is responsible for the business oversight, administration and coordination of efforts across the organization in relation to established investment product lines such as Hedge Funds, UCITS, QIFs, and Cayman Unit Trusts. This function also works closely with PGIM FI’s Product Development team in the structuring and launch of new commingled products.
The work for which the new Product Management Specialist will be responsible for requires strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively manage product initiatives. We are looking for a self-driving asset management professional, preferably with product management experience, who has an innate thirst for knowledge to own resolution of certain issues and not simply execute projects on a timely basis. Team work is important for this role, as well as strong leadership and communication skills.
This position reports to the Head of Product Management. It is an excellent opportunity for someone who has worked in an investment product related area in the past and is very motivated to learn/get exposed to the wide breadth of business and strategy of the PGIM FI organization.
- Strong understanding of business issues to effectively lead various product initiatives
- Management of product initiatives, such as changes to workflows for effective support of the funds, creation of databases, research issues related to new distribution opportunities for the funds, update of fund terms, electronic distribution of materials to investors, vendor changes, etc.
- Coordination of new product launches
- Completion of trading counterparty due diligence requests
- Act as liaison with prime brokers on new business initiatives
- Drafting of board of director meeting agendas and coordination of related presentation materials
- Write and distribute meeting summary and project status notes, when necessary
- General business support of Head of Product Management
- Bachelors / College degree
- 5 years of experience in asset management, product management, capital markets or corporate finance, which demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility and experience
- Good understanding of financial concepts
- General understanding of a variety of investment fund structures, as well as legal and compliance issues in the asset management industry
- Experience with UCITS and QIF product structures a plus
- Hedge fund knowledge desired
- Process and detail-oriented with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills crucial
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills with proven ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Some project management experience
- Strong sense of curiosity
- Fast learner
- Must be self-motivated, determined, focused and show initiative
- Ability to work in teams and actively participate in making decisions
- Unafraid to ask questions, escalate issues, admit mistakes or check facts before responding to questions
- Demonstrated ability to drive multiple initiatives and competing priorities with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Persistent, direct and flexible
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint) is required (VISIO is a plus)