Product Marketing Consultant - Round Rock, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16001096
Product Marketing Consultant – Round Rock, TX
The Product Marketing Consultant will be responsible for business development and program management to improve “attach” of high margin around the box products such as Dell Client Peripherals, Displays and DSS
This is a highly dynamic role where you work closely with product managers, sales enablement, segments, finance and sales teams to drive profitable growth for Dell.
This role is well suited to candidates with good business development and program management experience. Understanding of Dell sales processes and sales team is highly desirable. Good presentation skills, analytical & decision-making capabilities, ability to influence and drive for results are critical to be successful in the role.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing attach strategy of Dell client peripherals, displays and DSS
- Developing and deploying analytical frameworks to provide product, pricing and timing recommendation to sales teams
- Driving operational efficiency, technology improvements and innovation to make attach program better, faster and smarter
- Proactively engaging with cross-functional teams to understand product and sales dynamics in each segment and leveraging to customize the program for each segment
- Ability to engage, train and excite sales team about client peripherals and displays product line.
- Incorporating market data and monitoring industry trends to position Dell to win
- Facilitating customer/product segmentation and providing targeted recommendations to deliver value to Dell’s customers
- Strong business acumen with analytical experience in Marketing or consulting
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of relevant experience or graduate degree and 6 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills and expertise in excel and executive presentations, experience in statistical tools preferred
- Ability to thrive cross-functionally and build strong stakeholder relationships
- Crisp communication skills – Translate complex strategies into palatable action-items
· MBA preferred but not required.
Listen. Learn. Deliver. That’s what we’re about.
Dell empowers countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Product Marketing*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Product Marketing Consultant - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16001096*