Principal Product Marketing Director, Big Data
Oracle is looking for a mature professional with experience and skills in professional business and technical content development and messaging. The Principal Product Marketing Director (Senior Director) will be responsible for developing, editing, refining and evangelizing business-oriented and technical content targeted at buyers of Oracle's hardware products and integrated solutions - especially the Oracle Big Data Appliance. This job will involve translating technical ideas and messages from the product management organization into creative and polished customer, partner and employee facing presentations, online and multi-media assets. This is a fast paced environment with shifting priorities that requires industry product knowledge, customer facing presentation skills, high-tech customer messaging development, sales program development, and proactive project management with executives and other co-workers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and refinement of best-in-class professional presentations on topics related to the Oracle Big Data Appliance and related software and cloud services
- Authoring and editing compelling written and multi-media content that accurately communicates technical messages to a broader audience
- Maintaining external and internal web content and social media avenues to build product awareness
- Acting as the product marketing expert and evangelist for a particular engineered system solution both internally and externally.
- Understanding the competitive landscape and communicating winning tactics to the field and our partners.
- Developing and Executing Sales Programs with target markets, key messages, supporting evidence in white papers, references, use cases and sales enablement of said programs.
- Working with product development teams to translate technical features into customer value propositions, compelling sales events and competitive advantages while evangelizing their solution and customer successes to our target audiences - both external and internal
Work Location: SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA | US West Coast
- 6 years in B2B or technical marketing
- Polished verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced presentation / PowerPoint development skills
- Strong understanding of IT technology including enterprise software, hardware and Cloud
- Strong knowledge of database, analytics, and Big Data solutions
- Experience with Social Media marketing and metrics and community development
- SEO and SEM experience
- Design / Graphic Artist skills a plus
- High Tech Marketing Leadership background and Strong Program management skills a plus
- BA/BS degree
Open to considering candidates based in any US location. San Francisco Bay Area and candidates based on the US West Coast preferred. Travel Component
: Minimal; Contact:
Bert Kraatz, Oracle Recruiter, email@example.com
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). Oracle supports workforce diversity and is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualifications:
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.