Within the Internet of Things Group (IOTG), the ENERGY segment is dedicated to grow the Intel's presence in devices, systems and solutions to connect people, machines for a smarter energy world. In particular we address the need to bring more intelligence into energy systems (digital oil field for cost effective oi l& gas production, smart grids for modern, safe power grids, etc) to address global challenges such as climate change and renewable energy. It is an exciting time to join the IOTG ENERGY team if you want to contribute to a cleaner planet!
The Product Marketing Engineer (PME) will provide leadership and technical support for an Intel product family applied to the Energy industry.
The product family for this position is the Intel FPGA technology (PSG) associated with Intel processors to create best-in-class combination of powerful platform for energy applications.
Representing the product to customers and support sales process with technical presentations and demos
Documenting technical market needs to Intel's engineering.team using formal market requirements (MRD) and product specifications (PRD)
Conducts competitive product/pricing analysis and market research ad recommend competitive strategy to Management
Evaluates sales performance, and formulates improvement plan to accelerate growth in short terms as well as long range plans for strategic go-to-market.
Oversees development and production of marketing material; Develop and present product training material to internal and external audiences.
Looking for an experienced product application engineer who will drive market analysis and competitive strategy to influence the development of hardware platform combining Intel architecture (x86 chipset) with recently acquired Altera FPGA for applications in the Energy & Infrastructure industry. The PME will need an understanding of the capabilities and features of semiconductors to influence emerging multi-chip package (MCP) or monolithic integration of FPGAs on IA. Knowledge of and past experience in the Energy industry is desired. The PME must demonstrate the capability to rapidly learn the technical requirement of industrial systems and translate them into requirement for board reference designs
Other qualifications include:
Minimum of Bachelor's degree with 10 years of experience or Master's degree with 5 years of relevant experience
Proven Experience in architecture, silicon design, SoC integration, MCP development, engineering processes, and software readiness tools, libraries & drivers.
Proven Experience of writing use cases for industrial embedded applications; must be able to prioritize features based on business opportunity and potential revenue impact
Understanding of IA/Altera platform architecture, components and technologies, including chipsets, CPUs, and associated technologies.
Experience with creating MRDs and influencing PRDs
- Self-starter with a positive can do attitude, team-player with solid interpersonal skills, lots of initiative and willingness to help wherever needed.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, and have a strong sense of ownership in driving platforms as a business.
- Proven ability to successfully work across diverse business groups and enroll/organize individuals into productive collaboration teams
- Active listening skills, including experience investigating and understanding customer requirements as well as proactively identifying potential issues.
- Influence at various management levels as well as the field, customers and targeted partners on synergy products, portfolio, decision rationale, and value propositions. .
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) are mandatory.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.