Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
The product marketing manager exhibits a deep understanding of markets and buyers in order to devise and lead a product's marketing strategy that drives pipeline and revenue. As such, the product marketing manager must have an expert understanding of the product, the product's buyers and needs, the competition, and collaborate with offering management, sales, business partners, other business units, and various marketing disciplines to ensure success. Their expertise is at such a level that they could demo the product to customers and sellers, as well as position the product with analysts, influencers, and agencies.
• Define the marketing route plan for the segment, and identify specific targets with the highest propensity to buy.
•Build and share a deep understanding of the buyer and influencers -- their acute needs and what is the best way to reach them using face-to-face interactions, secondary research, social listening as well actively utilizing Net Promoter Score (NPS) to gain a real-time pulse. This includes marketing in/to a complex value chain, including understanding the needs of the prospects' clients.
• Write and socialize key documents for the segment including the Marketing Business Plan and launch plan.
• Craft inspiring and forward-looking value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience and produce the source messaging blueprint.
•Provide market and buyer insights to drive the development of campaign strategies including demand creation and reputation building.
• Collaborate with marketing peers and resources to produce relevant content for target buyers with focus on customer references, testimonials and case studies.
• Serve as market-facing SME/thought leader for the product/segment.
• Monitor and report on marketing performance and communicate the results of related marketing efforts.
This role is located in IBM offices in Raleigh, NC.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.