PayPal is seeking interns to work with us for 12 weeks during the summer of 2018. We are looking for stellar interns who will graduate between December 2018 and June 2019. We will be taking applications until April 1, 2017.
At PayPal, we're literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it's about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today's technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world's leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
Successful applicants for this role will join a strong, high-energy group with one of the most exciting charters at PayPal. This team is responsible for dramatically growing the business. Members of this team act as entrepreneurial general managers to achieve this goal-partnering with leaders across the company and pulling levers including Business Development, Pricing, Product, Marketing etc. This is a unique, exciting role at PayPal with disproportionate opportunity for driving impact.
- Building an understanding of competitive positioning, PayPal's value proposition for consumers and merchants.
- Building a focused, tight business plan for target groups - and executing on that plan during the internship
- Designing and developing customer-driven innovations, working closely with partner teams
- Integrating marketing and broader customer support to drive initiative success during and post initiative launched
- The ideal candidate for these roles will bring infectious energy and a strong passion for the payments space. He/she will make data-driven decisions, be capable of building strong working relationships with industry leaders and partners within the company and delight in moving from ideas to tangible results. The top candidate will have a demonstrated history of understanding customer needs and keeping these needs in mind throughout the development process. This lead will need to have exceptional general management skills.
- Operating experience in ecommerce, brick & mortar retail, the retail industry, big brands, and/or experience with financial services is a plus. We will also be open to the right general candidate who can demonstrate knowledge and passion for this role at PayPal.
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated with demonstrated strong academic and professional performance. The position requires someone who is highly analytical, strategic and execution-oriented with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-4 years work experience in business, product marketing, economics or a related discipline.
- General business training via brand management, management consulting or equivalent
- Familiarities with payments products or financial services experience a strong-plus
- Strong analytical skills required to identify performance opportunities, issues and correlations. Data-driven decision maker
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Aptitude to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive towards resu
- Highly effective communication skills to work with a variety internal PayPal teams and excellent presentation skills with both customers and senior executives
- Aptitude to thrive in a high-energy, dynamic environment
Position Location: Varies
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.