Product Marketing Manager - O racle Data-Driven Cloud Applications
Oracle is seeking experienced outbound product managers to work on the next generation of cloud-based data-driven applications. These applications will use the aggregated data from Oracle's data cloud, social media and other sources to drive automated outcomes in a number of horizontal and vertical applications. This is an exciting emerging venture for Oracle.
This outbound product management position reports to a VP of Outbound Product Management who is responsible for addressing various audiences seeking this new machine- learning, data - driven solution.
Working with them you will define and create differentiated content, distilling down the essence of our message into clear, well- articulated outbound messages and value propositions and competitive positioning from an overall market and product perspective. You will be required not only understand and develop customer use cases and comprehend the competitive and industry analyst landscape but also to communicate our message to various stakeholders. This position also includes the coordination with other Oracle product marketing teams for sales enablement and other materials; the communications team for content and social; field marketing for sponsorship event coverage and; PR for press coverage, thought leadership and analyst engagement
Day to day requirements include, yet are not limited to:
• Development of hard- hitting content, customer use cases and story boards that translate complex customer requirements into consumable , easy to understand content and go-to- market programs. Coordinate and collaborate across multi-functional teams to execute plans for each data - driven application.
• Ability to think creatively about how and what content to develop to highlight how our products can solve business problems which have not been possible before.
• Research, document and communicate the challenges and opportunities that are unique to each data - driven product and audience.
• Serve as subject matter expert for the field and be knowledgeable about each data- driven product and go-to-market strategy so that you can comfortably present to both internal teams as well as external stakeholders (industry analysts; customers etc.)
• Cross-application competitive intelligence to understand the business advantages that new technologies in big data, machine learning and mobile delivery
• Analyst Relations - assist formation of AR messaging, delivery of content/briefings
• Develop strategy and materials to target and achieve penetration into select diagonal markets and industries.
• Contribute to building and managing a repeatable process and user-friendly repository for all content, such as best practice libraries, field-created content and product marketing and strategy decks.
• Work in an environment with a significant number of unknowns - both technically and functionally. Inherent in such a new venture
• Work globally in a geographically dispersed team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Demonstrated track record of at least 5-8 years of product management, marketing, product marketing experience in enterprise SaaS software or analytics. Background in building and executing cross-functional integrated marketing programs is a plus.
• Experience selling/ marketing to commerce and marketing stakeholders.
• Self-starter, motivated and ambitious. Looking to grow in a fast moving organization, never uttering the words "we can't do that".
• Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and able to present ideas in a concise and articulate fashion to verbalize customer value and business impact.
• Strong analytical skills and problem- solving skills to research and understand market and competitive trends.
• Ability to build relationships and collaborate successfully outside of authority while leveraging Oracle expertise and resources.
• Education & Experience: MBA, Marketing, Product Marketing; Computer Science or hands on experience in management role in these disciplines.
This is a great opportunity to be in at the beginning of a new exciting venture within Oracle and within a really talented, global engineering community.
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.