Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Marketing
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1023354
The Business Entity
Cisco's Industry Product Group (IPG) organization is on the cutting-edge of engineering innovation, focusing on the latest industry vertical platforms built on a robust IoT infrastructure. The organization is all about pioneering new product platforms that enable organizations across healthcare, manufacturing, energy, and transportation verticals.
The product group is a high-energy, motivated team that shares a passion for all-things IoT. The team is working on Cisco's primary platforms to ingest IoT data, and provide actionable, relevant, business outcomes. The platform is focused on the same IPG verticals, and delivers device and sensor data collection and visualization, command and control, business intelligence, and robust policy enforcement. The robust scalable horizontal platform with vertical focused product strategy is making Internet of Things real.
Product marketing will be responsible for creating and communicating the compelling value proposition to our customers, partners and analysts. You work closely with other groups to further advance Cisco's thought leadership in the Internet of Things.
• Work closely with key internal stakeholders (product management, sales teams, digital transformation group, solutions marketing, partner organization and technical experts) to create targeted content.
• Define product/feature positioning and messaging that articulates the value proposition of Cisco products/solutions for the specific verticals.
• Develop a strategy for end to end marketing programs that drive awareness, engagement and ultimately pipeline
• Work with product management and marketing team to understand products, solutions, the roadmap and competitor's strengths/weaknesses in region.
• Work with the sales teams to understand customer requirements and field selling needs.
• Create collateral and training programs to enable a self-sustaining partner ecosystem.
• Develop marketing and competitive programs targeted at increasing customer awareness, thought leadership and demand generation in region
• Create sales and channel communications, trainings and tools to drive greater field awareness and enable sales to open new customer conversations and accelerate the sales cycle
• Create content using templates and guidelines to adhere to brand, journeys, targeted personas, and creative platform guidelines. This includes but is not limited to, blogs, white papers, case studies and videos.
• 10+ years of professional content writing and marketing experience in the technology industry with focus on IoT, machine learning and cloud.
• Ability to demonstrate awareness of the latest marketing trends
• Ability to collaborate, lead and work under pressure in a fast-paced global organization
• An established track record of developing impactful marketing content from conception through to execution.
• Strategic and tactical expertise in product and offer content creation
• Experience with creating and running training program geared towards partner and sales preferred
• Excellent organization and project management skills
• Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy.
• Comfortable collaborating with global/regional/local colleagues as part of a physical or virtual team
• Self-motivated and has the ability to motivate and influence others
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.