Oracle University Marketing -- Sr. Director PURPOSE :
Oracle University (OU) is the education arm of Oracle and is responsible for training Oracle's customers, partners and employees. With over 500 classes taught per week in 70 cities around the world, OU is one of the top training businesses in the world. We have a long history of offering training in classrooms and virtually over the Internet. Over the last 3 years, the business now offers hundreds of titles in a video on demand format which is also available through digital learning subscriptions. We now offer learning subscriptions for Oracle's SaaS, PaaS and IaaS cloud offerings. Our digital platform continues to grow as we make investments in social learning, badging, mobile learning, gaming and other interactive learning methods. Our goal is to maintain our leadership position in the education market with cutting edge offerings and technologies.
This position is a leadership role to oversee OU's marketing for North America and Latin America. You will oversee all marketing activities to promote education offerings and work closely with sales to drive revenue. Key activities will include:
• Define and run marketing campaigns to drive education sales
• Create campaigns for all of Oracle's products including Cloud and on premise products
• Evolve OU's campaign strategy to include newer tools and techniques like Eloqua, nurtured campaigns and targeted campaigns
• Define and drive social media and digital marketing
• Drive marketing for both the commercial and academic student market
• Coordinate OU's involvement in regional events
• Work with other field marketing organizations at Oracle especially software and cloud sales.
• Influence the OU web strategy to drive revenue online.
• Establish a Customer Advisory Board for North American customers
• Work with Partner and Corporate Teams to drive messaging.
• Aligning with Product Marketing teams within Oracle
• Aligning with Cloud Marketing teams within Oracle.
This role will also involve working with traditional marketing teams like Analyst Relations, Public Relations, Reference teams etc.
. This is a key leadership position within OU and will have exposure to all of OU's key initiatives and strategies. This position will also get broad exposure to all of Oracle and work in a worldwide capacity. It is a unique opportunity to work within a business unit at Oracle and get P&L visibility while overseeing all aspects of marketing. QUALIFICATIONS :
- 15 years experience working in a marketing role with a track record in Marketing
- Knowledge of social/digital marketing a plus
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Good communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational ability. Driven by goals and standards of excellence.
- Ability to understand and analyze the industry and market. Proactive, creative and innovative thinker.
- Professional with strong planning skills. Motivation to continuously expand personal professional knowledge.
- Extremely comfortable working in a global setting.
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market. Manages a staff of managers.
As a manager in product marketing, you will be responsible for leading the development of company marketing specifications for specific product(s) or product line(s). Manage marketing activities within the context of the overall corporate plan to meet company objectives. Monitor the development of business plans and business results of e-marketing. Manage lifecycles and product positioning in the market place. Identify customer needs, oversee market research, and monitor the market trends/competitive landscape. Implement and monitor advertising campaigns. Act as a technical advisor for specific product(s). Initiate and foster relationships with development, sales, and other groups to develop new products or enhance functionality of existing product(s) or product line(s). Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. In-depth knowledge of the computer industry, database and development technology and markets. Extensive marketing analysis experience. BA/BS degree. MBA preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.