For all the hoopla about big data being poised to reshape industries-from healthcare to retail to financial services-people in the data trenches are telling a different story. Sure, there is plenty of data. But its "messy" and it's not clear how to extract the nuggets of insight hidden in the swirls of information. Even when companies do figure it out, the process is cumbersome, time-consuming and overly dependent on highly skilled experts. Oracle Big Data Discovery, the visual face of Hadoop, is the game-changing platform that eliminates all this confusion by creating a clear and quick path to value. Using visual analytic capabilities.
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Product Management to help lead our strategy and execution around getting turning raw data in Hadoop into insights with BDD. This includes the five key phases of discovery:
Find - Access a rich, interactive catalog of all your data in Hadoop
Explore - A machine guided interface to visual assess the shape of your data
Transform - Get the data ready for analytics via a intuitive, user driven data wrangling
Discovery - Blend datasets to intuitively discover new insights
Share - Collaborate and iterate as a team
• Help define the product strategy and roadmap for BDD's capabilities
• Deliver vision and requirements documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
• Work with our colleagues in engineering to translate the product requirements to code
• Collaborate with sales and product marketing on positioning and sales strategies
• Perform competitive analysis and value proposition differentiation
• Act as a trusted advisor to ensure customer success, handle escalations and enhancement requests
• Present BDD capabilities, vision, value propositions, and roadmap briefings to prospects, customers, the sales organization and various public venues
• Experienced. 5 years' experience in enterprise software product management
• Domain expertise. Experience in data related topics such as data visualization, statistics, data modeling, data quality etc.
• Customer Oriented. You have outstanding soft skills and proven records of working with customers.
• Product Vision. Understanding of customer requirements, technology and industry trends allows you to see the products future and translate this into the roadmap
• Passion for Building Great Products. You set the bar high and keep raising it
• Educated. BA/BS degree in Comp Science/MIS; MBA from a top tier school is a plus
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a Director in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. The ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 of software engineering or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.