This is your opportunity to part of Oracle's Elite Team who will be managing a portfolio of next generation IaaS and Big Data products, along with enterprise solutions built on top. This is a portfolio product management and strategy role, which is at the intersection of traditional product management, solution architecture, product strategy, and product marketing.
For more information please see the URL's below to see how we have integrated the best tightly integrated compute, storage, networking, and virtualization into a cloud and converged engineered system that is pushing all performance limits to the extreme!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufAh2h6BrvA Position Overview:
This person will be a self-motivated, multi-purpose subject matter expert with deep technical cloud/IaaS knowledge along with a strong understanding of the business aspects of cloud computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) - sales enablement, business models, channels, competitive strategies, market segments, pricing. This person should also have a strong communication skills, understanding of the overall IT market, customer pain points, competitive offerings, and be thoroughly familiar with product development processes and the product management role. This is a high-growth group that has visibility up to the CEO of the company, and can serve as an exponential growth vehicle for the career of the highly motivated individuals who can execute and think broadly. Preferred Qualifications:
- 10 years' experience leading product management efforts at major high-tech companies
- In-depth technical knowledge of one or more of areas such as: migrating traditional enterprise applications to the public cloud, including disaster recovery considerations, IaaS networking/storage/compute, SDN, cloud native application architectures, big data in the cloud, IaaS security/GRC/federal compliance, devops in the cloud, databases in the cloud, test/dev in cloud.
- Prior experiences doing product management, technical marketing, or solution architecture at leading hyper-scale cloud service providers or enterprises with web-scale cloud infrastructure.
- Demonstrated success in defining customer pain points, product requirements, market opportunities, and bringing products to market
- Demonstrated success in working cross-functionally to achieve product, solution, and organizational objectives
- Proven analytical, communication and writing skills with the ability to effectively present across functions to executives, business and technical audiences in small as well as large audience settings for executive briefings and sales enablement.
- Demonstrated leadership and creativity
- Undergraduate technical degree in CS or equivalent. MBA from reputed institution is highly preferred.
Preferred candidate will be able to define, build & help sell cloud and converged infrastructure solutions, be a guide, motivator, self-starter and know how to work with key internal & external constituencies to win business. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical as well as business skills in areas of solution selling. Job Responsibilities:
As a Product Management Director in the Cloud and Converged Infrastructure Business Group you will provide leadership across Oracle's cloud and converged infrastructure and systems products including engineered systems, servers, storage, archive solutions, networking, operating systems, management software and cloud. You will meet with customers, partners, Oracle sales leaders, and use your own in-depth market and industry competitive knowledge to provide strategic direction, develop detailed specifications for existing and future products, as well as to identify, evaluate, and recommend new market opportunities. You will work cross-functionally with product-specific management groups, development teams, and GTM groups to achieve the Cloud and Converged Infrastructure Business Group's goals in launching products and solutions. Candidate Profile:
We are looking for a high-energy, high-impact business professional with deep experience in the public cloud IaaS market, big data market, product requirements, and solution development, exceptional listening skills, keen attitude to learn constantly, and someone who thrives on challenging work. This person will drive the product development agenda to ensure that customer needs and market trends are addressed. The individual will have high visibility with senior executives, marketing, product development, and sales organizations. The successful candidate should have excellent communications and cross-functional team building skills, a strong understanding of the Cloud and Converged Infrastructure business, proven results working in and leading distributed cross-functional environments in rapidly evolving markets.
This person will be a self-motivated, multi-purpose subject matter expert with deep cloud and converged infrastructure technology knowledge along with a strong understanding of data-center and cloud customer needs. This person should also have a strong understanding of the overall IT market, customer pain points, competitive offerings, and be thoroughly familiar with product development processes and the product management role.
This is a critical and high visibility role spanning a broad range of exciting technologies and products. It reports to the Senior Director of Product Management.
- Be the authority in IaaS and big data business for cloud and converged infrastructure customers, market, and the competition
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology
- Possess strong product acumen that effectively balances strategic imperatives with tactical daily needs
- Own product definition from vision, roadmap to detailed product requirements
- Drive product strategy and direction that translates into high value customer features
- Closely collaborate with Development teams to define, design, and adapt capabilities
- Lead and influence product teams to invest and iterate on the right product features
- Run effective beta programs and collect continuous customer feedback
- Collaborate with product marketing on release, market positioning and GTM training, as well as to drive product adoption post-launch
- Partner with sales and marketing to deliver high quality product collateral, and influence pricing, packaging and positioning
- Launch new services/features by working closely with marketing, and sales organizations to maximize product adoption
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into intuitive concepts and graphics.
- Present to internal audiences, customers, partners, media and analysts
- Establish metrics to measure the success of each product offering and release
Work Location: HQ - Seattle, WA, Redwood City, CAQualifications:
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.