W ith tremendous market success in our Cloud Applications, especially in ERP Cloud, Higher Ed institutions have expressed unprecedented interest in embarking a cloud adoption journey with Oracle. Student Information Systems, a critical functional area to complete in our SaaS footprint for Higher Ed, is one top investment priority for Oracle. With over 800 institutions using Campus Solutions today, our charter is to strike the balance of accelerating the delivery of Student Cloud while continue to deliver value for existing Campus Solutions customers.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Product Management to bridge technology, customer needs, sales channels and customer success. As the Senior Director of Product Management for Higher Ed, you will act as a general manager for the Higher Ed product suite, both for existing Campus Solutions as well as the Student Cloud. This role is focused on leading a team of highly passionate and experienced product managers in defining product requirements, go-to-market, and sales enablement, with a goal of driving rapid customer adoption and growth worldwide. This exciting role requires an experienced, driven individual with business acumen, strong internal and external leadership abilities, and a passion for product management.
- Working closely with Strategy to develop the product vision for the Product based on market analysis, customer feedback, sales channels, and technology innovations
- Defining the Campus Solutions and Cloud roadmap for the offering to maximize customer adoption and customer value
- Presenting the strategy and roadmap to senior management and obtain buy-in
- Working and influencing various development teams and stakeholders to ensure the product is developed and delivered as planned
- Communicate product positioning and influence the go-to-market teams to ensure the product is effectively sold
- Collaborate and influence customer success teams to ensure successful customer deployments and strong references
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You have high level of energy and initiative. You can lead virtual teams, partner across organizational boundaries and influence development direction .
- You can communicate well - you can take abstract technical and business concepts and drive them into concrete and agreed-to specific requirements.
- You are a good leader and an experienced product manager with experience in bringing product from conception to market .
- You can articulate technical issues in terms of business risk.
- You are able to influence senior executives on innovative ideas.
- You work independently and solve problems and are willing to do what it takes to get things done.
- You can engage customers, partners, and sales teams.
- You have the ability to build relationships and influence outside of authority while leveraging Oracle expertise and resources.
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a Senior Director in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management, providing negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.