Product Mgmt Sr. Consultant - Solutions Architect (Networking)
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000Z9U
Dell Networking is driving innovation to meet the demands of today’s dynamic and changing network environment, and Dell’s networking portfolio offers superior value with the latest industry-leading silicon and advanced software features, to enable future-ready, end-to-end solutions for our customers. As our business grows, we are looking to augment the Networking Product Management team. The right candidate will bring a mix of technical, entrepreneurial and business acumen, and be ready to take their contributions to the next level as a leader within this successful and growing business unit. As Product Management Consultant, you will manage Networking products through their entire life-cycle to achieve P&L goals. Using technical and industry experience to formulate product strategies, you will analyze markets and competitive solutions to determine opportunities, evaluate and design product strategies, and work with a cross functional team to develop and maintain the product roadmap. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
* Applies broad knowledge of Networking products and services capabilities and the competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technologies and emerging product/service opportunities.
* Evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case development for optimization of existing products and for creation of next generation solutions.
* Ensures that product / solution features and specifications reflect customer requirements, and prioritizes features and specifications, applying budget, timeline and other constraints.
* Works across all functional areas, gathering inputs, updating product plans and roadmaps, and communicating the impact of product/ solution decisions to all stakeholders.
* Serves as a technical authority within the organization and with customers, and manages projects or customer relationships of critical importance.
* 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* History of successful business level ownership and cross category leadership. Executive level presentation capability and solution level market and technical expertise. Able to create strategies, influence others, make critical decisions and drive strategy across the organization
* This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America, Europe and Asia (10%)
**Job:** **Product Management*
**Organization:** **Infrastructure Solutions Group*
**Title:** *Product Mgmt Sr. Consultant - Solutions Architect (Networking)*
**Location:** *CA-Santa Clara*
**Requisition ID:** *16000Z9U*