Product Ops Principal Engineer
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: September 15, 2016
Reference ID: 16000EX2
Provides coordination of operational activities associated with the introduction, sustainment of a new product. Coordinates all operational activities associated with the introduction, sustainment of the new product. Responsible for ensuring stable, controlled migration of hardware, software and networking changes into the production environment. Ensures consistency between production and test environments. Creates/maintains build processes, coordinates product builds for release into production, prioritizes failures and works with development to resolve problems. Sets up configuration specifications for releases. Coordinates pilot activities and conducts internal first article reviews.
• Represents Operations from a product perspective.
• Creates factory strategies and plans for Operations based on product plans and roadmaps.
• Utilizes metrics to improve new production, introduction process and product quality, at launch and throughout life of the program.
• Ensures Operations achieves Ready to Ship Release and transactions into production/sustaining.
• Utilizes Program Review Process (PrP)/Phase Gate Process to transition products from definition through to the sustaining phase.
• Drives action plans and strategies to reduce overall manufacturing transformation cost.
• Drives quality improvements by risk assessment/mitigation eliminating sources of defects in the design, supplier, new product introduction and manufacturing processes.
• Drives continuous improvement in PrP process, product manufacturability and flexibility, and operations cycle time and quality.
• Supports Business Operations and Configuration Services teams as related to Custom Accounts.
**Job:** **Engineering Operations - Product Operations Engineering*
**Title:** *Product Ops Principal Engineer*
**Requisition ID:** *16000EX2*