Technical Business Analyst
* Agile Environment
* Applied SAFe experience as a Product Owner
* Technical architect and/or development background
The Business Analyst is needed to perform the role of a Product Owner, responsible for defining features, refining stories, managing and refining a backlog to support the development of platform services while able to understand the technical components and architecture of the environment.
The Business Analyst/Product Owner is a member of the Agile Team who will serve as the proxy working with Epic Owners and Product Management. They are responsible for defining and prioritizing the team backlog and ensuring that work is ready for teams to execute within a sprint.
The Business Analyst must have the ability to plan and execute strategic initiatives to take complex projects from vision to reality. The Business Analyst has in-depth knowledge of a line of business and/or is experienced in the industry best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
* Articulates the product management vision and defines product requirements for features and stories.
* Ensures that the end product or service meets the business objectives, and that the requirements are defined completely and correctly.
* Trusted Advisors to Product Managers through consultation and facilitation, not decision making
* Responsible for "refining" (defining, prioritizing work within sprints) the agile team backlogs
* Responsible for "refining" (defining and proposing features to play in PI) the feature level backlogs
* Participates in PI Planning and works with agile teams to identify, define and plan user stories to support prioritized features within a PI
* Collaborates with Product Management and other identified stakeholders to define feature level acceptance criteria.
* Collaborates with team members to define and document story level acceptance criteria to meet the acceptance criteria of prioritized features
* Provide feedback as stories are developed; review & accept stories
* Contribute to defining and resolving dependencies, issues and risks
* Works with UX to understand wireframes, flows, standards, and incorporates UX input into acceptance criteria as applicable.
* Actively involve Product Management to negotiate feature scope and contribute to roadmap, features and release plans
Competencies and Skills:
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
* Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
* Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
* Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
* Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
* Inclusion - Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
* Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
* Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
* Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
* Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
* Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position or comparable business unit experience.
* 5 years' experience in business analysis.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to all levels within the organization.
* Experience in multiple business areas
Desired Previous Job Experience
* Prior experience as Senior Business Analyst or Product Owner comparable experience.
* Practical application of SAFe methodologies
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.