Product Owner, Card Partnerships
If you have the drive for building amazing customer experiences that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! At Capital One, we’re looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as Product Managers in our Card product group. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded bankers.
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
-You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer’s needs.
-You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our banking product teams, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into a simple, intuitive experiences that serves our customer’s banking needs
-This position isn’t just about delivering the code; though, it’s a pretty important part. As a Product Manager, you’ll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you’ll want to ensure that Excel doesn’t scare you off.
If those things up there sound like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let’s talk. Send us your information and let’s see what you have.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- MBA or Masters degree
- 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.