This role is a key member of the business who is the conduit to technology thru the agile team. This position is responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. The incumbent ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Internally focused: on the Agile team and implementation. The incumbent plays a significant role in quality and is the only team member empowered to accept user stories as done. Typically supports one Agile team. This role has significant relationships outside the local team, including working with the Product Manager to prepare features and user stories for continuous planning cycles.Responsibilities:
- Works with a dedicated agile development team to deliver customer/business value through product features. Is the conduit to other business partners for this team.
- Develops user stories from prioritized features in collaboration with Product Manager. Champions efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories all meet Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in Rally (Agile Management Tool).
- Collaborates with other Product Owners and/or Product Manager to uphold business priority and vision.
- Manages and prioritizes the sprint backlogs continuously with team input (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions).
- Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the Sprint. Signs off to \"accept\" each user story during sprint.
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Is the point of contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices #LI-BP1
*This position can be located in Phoenix (AZ), Riverwoods (IL), or New Albany (OH).
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience in Business, Marketing, IT project management, info systems and design, computer science; Masters Degree preferred
- 3 years of technology interface and agile experience
- Experience with agile technology teams, consistently demonstrates scrum fundamentals, upholds the scrum framework and strives for early acceptance of stories
- Experience with data management is a plus
see job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.