Product Owner, Digital Product Management
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! At Capital One, we’re looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as Product Managers in our Bank product group out of Wilmington Delaware, San Francisco, California or Washington, DC.
To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for ourcustomers. You’llalso need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too…)
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
-You think Square is just a geometric shape
-Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
-You have an aversion to denim
-A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
-Wireframes give you nightmares
-Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer’s needs.
- You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on beautiful web and mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- You will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- While a pixel perfect end deliverable is critical, you know that cranking out quality with speed is equally important.
- Work with our banking product teams, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- Work with our engineering teams to turn insights into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer’s banking needs
- As a Product Manager, you’ll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you’ll want to ensure that Excel doesn’t scare you off. You’ll also be running meetings and driving some larger projects, so you’ll need to feel comfortable leading meetings and interacting with people.
An ideal candidate will have experience in the Digital Payment space and experience working with and building out mobile-first payment systems. “Experience” can vary, and some examples include mobile commerce, mobile payments, peer-to-peer payments, banking payments, e-commerce, etc. This position will be on the forefront of developing Digital Payments for Small Businesses and will need to be “in-the-know” on industry and competitive trends and be able to know what Capital One should invest it’s technologies in to remain an industry leader.
As a Digital Product Manager you will be responsible to:
- Develop the multi-platform Small Business experience manifesto
- Translate requirements into concepts and elegant user experience design
- Drive visual direction and strategy for prototyping and pilot efforts.
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Deliver large projects in the Digital Payment space that will positively impact Capital One’s Customers
-Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
-At least 2 years of Product Management or at least 2 years of product design experience
-At least 2 years of experience with User Experience Design, or at least 2 years of experience with Interaction Design, or at least 2 years of experience with Web and Mobile Application Design
-2+ years of experience in web content and web design
-2+ years of Web 2.0, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Macromedia Flash, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, PHP, and JSP
-2+ years of experience on Adobe Suite
-2+ years Omnigraffle and Balsmiq
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.