Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Product Owner to guide the development of our IoT platform. This IoT platform provides foundational technology to enable digitization of a range of offers sold to our customers. It leverages state of the art cloud infrastructure to deliver a rich set of services used by various customer-facing applications developed within different lines of business in Schneider Electric.
In the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development environment used by the team, the Product Owner is a key stakeholder. The Offer Management team develops and maintains a vision for the platform and the Product Owner is responsible to communicate that vision to the scrum team. In the context of the scrum team, the Product Owner (PO) is responsible for the product features from concept to End-of-life. The PO works with architects, offer management and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met on time with each product release. The PO is the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions, and works with the Scrum Master to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. The PO understands both the engineering and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs. Key responsibilities include:
Qualifications: This job might be for you if you have these qualifications:
- Represent the “voice of the customer” by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers. Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Collaborate with product architect(s) and Offer Management teams to translate business requirements into clearly understood user stories for the development teams to implement.
- Work with scrum master and technical leads to decompose those user stories into actionable development tasks, and determine scope and priorities for individual sprints.
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are inspired and motivated to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as a key technical contact for queries related to the product.
- Work with key stakeholders across the team (development, test, release, professional services, operations) to ensure successful product releases.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or equivalent and 5 years work experience in software product management or technology lead role within an enterprise software or SaaS company. Experience developing SaaS products for an Energy Management or IoT application, a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud & distributed architecture, Visual Studio Team Services and expertise in web application and development technologies.
- Hands-on Scrum and Agile experience of 2-5 years. Proficient with building workflows, creating/"grooming"/prioritizing product backlogs, writing user stories, and developing acceptance criteria.
- Strong leadership skills to influence a diverse group of stakeholders with ability to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.