The Network Authorizations Product Owner is responsible for participating in all aspects of Infrastructure Systems strategic development to identify impacts between our Network Authorization Platform and strategic Partners, Issuers, Acquirers and Merchants, for future Program Increments. This position will be focused on partnering with technical architects, technical leads, Product Owners, & Product Managers driving solutions for Network Authorizations Platform strategies by participating in Scrum team level planning sessions.The Product Owner will closely work with scrum team to develop and implement Features to build Enterprise Payment Platform for Network Authorizations.Responsibilities will include identification of requirements in order to scope Network Authorization Switch, Bridges & POPs impact for prioritized initiatives and to ensure detailed level requirements / User Stories align to the strategy. A key member of the business, who is the conduit to technology through the agile team, this role is responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. The incumbent ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Internally focused: on the Agile team and implementation. The incumbent plays a significant role in quality and is the only team member empowered to accept user stories as done. Typically supports one Agile team. This role has significant relationships outside the local team, including working with the Product Manager to prepare features and user stories for continuous planning cycles.
*This role is located in Riverwoods (IL) but candidates in Phoenix (AZ) and New Albany (OH) will be considered. Major Responsibilities Include:
- Works with a dedicated agile development team to deliver customer/business value through product features. Is the conduit to other business partners for this team.
- Develops user stories from prioritized features in collaboration with Product Manager. Champions efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories all meet Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in Rally (Agile Management Tool)
- Collaborates with other Product Owners and/or Product Manager to uphold business priority and vision
- Manages and prioritizes the sprint backlogs continuously with team input (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions)
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Is the point of contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices #LI-BP1
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience with preferred field of study in Business, Marketing, IT project management, info systems and design, computer science
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Certification in SAFe preferred
- Experience with agile technology teams, consistently demonstrates scrum fundamentals, upholds the scrum framework and strives for early acceptance of stories. Empowered to make critical decisions quickly. Manages features and stories from a customer perspective. Identifies, communicates and breaks down features to user stories. All stories to meet Definition of Ready (DoR). Demonstrates reliability and dependability for the team, displays self-awareness, collaboration and empathy. Readily available for team at all times and participates in all scrum ceremonies. Manages and sets expectations with stakeholders, strong negotiation skills. Stays accountable to clarify and/or review the user stories for the Agile team in a timely fashion. Consistently prioritizes features and stories based on the big picture. Establishes strong, clear communication. Ability to give and receive feedback. Uses appropriate features in Rally.
see job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.