Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Product Owner – Serialization Platform (Systech Solution) team, which has the option of sitting in North America, South America, or Puerto Rico, and will require 20% Domestic (US) and International travels.
The Janssen Supply Chain – Advance Manufacturing Technologies IT organization supports different areas of the JSC Manufacturing Organization globally, in the areas of Manufacturing Execution Systems, Real Time Data Collection (Historian), Labeling/Printing, Manufacturing Reporting & Intelligence, Plant Maintenance, Track & Trace / Serialization, Enterprise Recipe Management, and other Advanced Manufacturing Technologies.
Within this team, the Product Owner Serialization Platform will be the primary contact for the serialization solutions areas in JSC regionally. The role will be responsible for vision and priorities of new capabilities or enhancements to the products, platforms, or feature/applications in this space. The product owner will engage with and/or manage various teams of multi-skilled and multi-grade individuals and project resources so as to meet deadlines, budgets and quality standards. He/she will build strong partnerships with business resources at different levels of the organization. They will communicate effectively with business partners, including at times, various senior leaders. The role will include responsibilities to find and implement best practices as well as seek out improvements that contribute to the development of the individual, and the team output.
The Serialization Platform Product Owner will lead the effort to design serialization technical solutions that meets the JSC business requirements. They will develop a deep understanding of the JSC business processes and work closely with the business partners to deliver new IT capabilities and optimize existing capabilities. With a strong functional knowledge of the technologies used to meet the business requirements, the Product Owner will partner with various IT Architecture and shared service IT teams to architect business solutions. He/she will have end-to-end responsibility for the regional serialization IT solution.
The Product Owner will ensure the Agile methodology is the primary option for delivering IT solutions. They are responsible for creating and gaining approval of the necessary funding requests (CARs). The Product Owner will be the conduit between the business partners and Scrum teams organized to build and deliver solutions in this space. The Product Owner will need to shares the product vision with the Scrum team, as well as prioritize and manages the backlog. The Product Owner will partner with the Scrum team to estimate the duration and cost of the project as well as schedule demos of the IT solution with the business partners.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets a clear vision for the regional serialization product and responsible for development and maintenance of multi-generation product strategy
- Maximizes ROI by aligning, identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value
- Business IT interface: Understand and anticipate the business’s needs and priorities; Negotiate with the business to see what functionality (story points) are built and which are backlogged based on capacity, business value and priority; Accountable for the product getting built correctly.
- Business requirements analysis: Translates the business requirements into Epics/Stories; Defines the product acceptance criteria; Understands product complexity and how to prioritize requirements
- Program oversight: Tracks progress of product development in the context of the larger program; Partners with scrum master to estimate development effort; Communicates with the business on status on the delivery of features, functionality, and applications; Has a combination of global and regional accountability depending on product line scope
- Identify and secure resources to ensure cost effective delivery of tracking and traceability solutions. This will require both agile and innovative mindset to bring value added solutions, but also input to process and organizational design to enable optimization of the regional serialization product.
- Responsible for vendor management of the solution providers within this product space
- Own and lead all required engagements with various IT shared service groups to design standard architecture and infrastructure required for the products
- Work with business to ensure availability and performance requirements are understood and agreed upon
- Lead various technical resources (IT shared services, vendors, consultants, Architecture, etc.) in identifying innovative solutions for improving availability and system performance
- Connect with industry organizations and vendors to stay current on developments and challenges of potential solutions and architectures.
- Understand business processes and goals. Defines the business value of the IT solution. Collaborates with the business stakeholders to prioritize demand.
- Sets and manage Product, Platform or Feature/Application Strategy. Defines clear vision for the Product and maximizes ROI by identifying and prioritizing the Product features. Collaborates with scrum master to estimate duration of development.
- Works with architecture to ensure the business solution is architected correctly. Collaborates with project managers/scrum master to understand project status as well as ensure standard J&J IT project management methodology is used across all projects. Manages the epics/stories that will be used by the scrum teams to develop the business solutions.
- Explores new technologies to meet new business requirements and drive continuous improvement (CIPs) to the business. Develops core capability offerings and new technologies to drive business value. Collaborates with BUIT counterparts in other sectors to share technologies and ideas.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience is required, with a minimum of 2 years relevant manufacturing technologies experience is required.
- Experience of design, deployment and support of Serialization solutions or other types of manufacturing system with similar complexities and interfaces is required.
- Knowledge with technologies associated with serialization and/or manufacturing systems including server infrastructure, databases, virtual environments, networking, and integration (to process control systems and ERP systems). Additional knowledge of various operating systems, backup systems and storage system is also preferred.
- Strong understanding of the various business processes enabled and supported by serialization and other manufacturing packaging solutions and how these business process can be used to create competitive advantage for J&J.
- Broad understanding of current capabilities and limitations of Systech Guardian serialization system as well as technical knowledge and experience with System Guardian serialization solution is preferred highly.
- Broad level of industry knowledge is required including trends within the pharmaceutical industry as well as within this product space and associated technologies. Ability to benchmark and connect within industry and Pharma/Life Science sector. Required.
- Ability to lead technical management and governance of complex regional initiatives across multiple sites and/or regions.- Preferred
- Ability to act as innovative anticipator to proactively drive business value by leveraging technology solutions within the scope of the material tracking, traceability and serialization platforms.
- Must possess excellent communication skills. Must be able ability to adjust dialogue as needed to effectively communicate and influence at various levels of the organization, synthesize leadership and stakeholder inputs into product decisions for team and business partners.
- Ability to leverage problem solving skills in making decisions and recommendation on various technologies and architectures needed to solve challenges around business requirements of the Product platforms. Although this position requires significant engagement/interactions both internally and externally, the role also requires ability to work and deliver results independent of significant guidance.
- Capable of leading, coaching and influencing others.
- Ability embrace changes and to deliver IT solutions in a fast changing business/IT environment.
- Understanding of the Agile development methodology and how to leverage it to deliver manufacturing IT solutions Preferred
- Strong knowledge of core technical IT components of storage, network, firewall, and database platforms Preferred
- Previous experience in working in a global, cross-functional capacity is required.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-Puerto Rico, North America-United States, Latin AmericaOrganization
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)Job Function